- Can exercise help prevent cancer? 23 June 2020 Professor Richard Martin of the Integrative Cancer Epidemiology Programme (ICEP) at the University of Bristol, summarises research findings showing that regular exercise helps to prevent cancers of the bowel, breast and prostate.
- Integrative Cancer Epidemiology Programme Policy Report 23 June 2020 The Integrative Cancer Epidemiology Programme (ICEP) has published a policy report summarising key ICEP findings and their policy implications.
- Bristol Cancer Research Network Show & Tell on 17 June 2020 18 June 2020
- GW4 Universities support the fight against COVID-19 30 May 2020 In these uncertain times staff and students across the GW4 Alliance are playing a key role in the fight against COVID-19 coronavirus.
- Bristol Health Partners designated an Academic Health Science Centre 13 May 2020 Following a highly competitive process, Bristol Health Partners (BHP) is now one of only eight designated Academic Health Science Centres (AHSCs) in England. The AHSC will drive service change, leading to world-class health, clinical and economic outcomes for the regional population across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG).
- What you need to know about how coronavirus is changing science 5 May 2020 The evolving COVID-19 pandemic has created an urgent need for scientific evidence, and quickly. We need politicians to be able to make informed decisions, and we need to support the development of effective vaccines and treatments, as well as understanding the unfolding impact of the pandemic on society. The speed with which the global scientific community has risen to this sudden pressing need is remarkable. Prof Marcus Munafo (Psychological Science) writes for The Conversation.
- University of Bristol launches Coronavirus internship fund 29 April 2020 Local small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) in Bristol responding to the challenges of the Coronavirus pandemic will be able to benefit from fully funded internships, thanks to a new scheme from the University of Bristol.
- New Better Care South West Partnership will join up data to improve and integrate care 29 April 2020 A new partnership led by the University of Bristol that will join up data and improve patient care in the South West has been announced by Health Data Research UK (HDR UK) today [29 April]. The HDR UK Better Care South West Partnership is being awarded £1.2 million over three years to drive forward data-led research projects and join up the region’s considerable health data expertise.
- Collective Intelligence Grants 2.0 1 April 2020 Nesta UK are supporting 15 new experiments in machine-crowd cooperation to address complex challenges. Find out what they are, and who is behind them.
- Bristol pioneers use of VR for designing new drugs 11 March 2020 Researchers at the University of Bristol are pioneering the use of virtual reality (VR) as a tool to design the next generation of drug treatments.
Cancer research press releases
Press releases relating to cancer research on the University's central news pages.