- NIHR Fellowship 18 October 2017 Sabina Sanghera was recently awarded a NIHR Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
- Bristol researcher wins prestigious diabetes research award 24 August 2017 A University of Bristol researcher whose own family has been affected by diabetes has just been awarded £587,237 from leading charity Diabetes UK to find out why people with Type 2 diabetes are more likely to develop some cancers.
- WUN Strategic Research Workshop 1 August 2017 The World Universities Network Global Africa Group launched its inaugural Strategic Research Workshop, hosted by the University of Ghana in a two-day event that brought together over sixty researchers from twelve WUN partner universities and ten other universities from four continents.
- Phase 3 clinical trial success 27 July 2017 A Phase 3 study evaluating Opdivo 3 mg/kg versus Yervoy 10 mg/kg in patients with stage IIIb/c or stage IV melanoma who are at high risk of recurrence following complete surgical resection met its primary endpoint at a planned interim analysis, demonstrating superior recurrence-free survival (RFS) in patients receiving Opdivo compared to Yervoy.
- Transforming UK Translation commitments 27 July 2017 The Academy of Medical Sciences, Royal Academy of Engineering, Royal Society, and the Wellcome Trust, have outlined a series of commitments to ensure that translation is recognised and celebrated as an integral part of academic research.
- Clinical Trial recruitment success 20 July 2017 The UHBristol Haematology and Oncology Centre Clinical Trials Unit are the first to recruit globally for A Study of CYP-001 for the Treatment of Steroid-Resistant Acute Graft Versus Host Disease.
- New Head of School for Cellular and Molecular Medicine 20 July 2017 Prof Anne Ridley FMedSci FRS has been confirmed as the new Head of School for Cellular and Molecular Medicine.
- Cancer Research UK news 17 July 2017 Strategy progress report, Early Detection Research Committee, and a new chief clinician announced.
- Cancer Research UK 2017 Research Engagement Award 6 July 2017 Dr Kaitlin Wade of the MRC Integrative Epidemiology Unit has been awarded this year’s CRUK Research Engagement Award in the category of Rising Star.
- Royal Society report on machine learning 27 June 2017 The Royal Society released a report in April 2017 entitled Machine learning: the power and promise of computers that learn by example. Machine learning is a branch of artificial intelligence that allows computer systems to learn directly from examples, data, and experience.
Cancer research press releases
Press releases relating to cancer research on the University's central news pages.