- UK Research and Innovation Global Research Hubs 14 February 2019 Scientists from the University of Bristol will be sharing their expertise as part of two new £20 million UK Research and Innovation Global Research Hubs funded through the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF). The first will focus on urban disaster risk and the second aims to tackle the challenge that nitrogen pollution poses for the environment, food security, human health and the economy in South Asia.
- 2019 Hooke Medal of the British Society of Cell Biology 14 February 2019 Eugenia Piddini, Professor of Cell Biology and Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellow, has been awarded the 2019 Hooke Medal in recognition of her outstanding contribution to cell biology and as an emerging leader in this field.
- Sleep characteristics and breast cancer 13 February 2019 Dr Rebecca Richmond presented a poster at the National Cancer Research Institute which attracted a large amount of media interest, with Rebecca featuring in various TV and radio appearances.
- Record £50 million funding boost to train next generation of researchers 4 February 2019 The University of Bristol is today celebrating a record funding boost of over £50 million to train the next generation of highly-skilled researchers.
- Recognising World Cancer Day 4 February 2019 The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute for Health Research highlighted the work of the Bristol Cancer Network this World Cancer Day, 4 February 2019.
- Circulating metabolites and prostate cancer risk 1 February 2019 Previous prospective studies assessing the relationship between circulating concentrations of vitamin D and prostate cancer risk have shown inconclusive results, particularly for risk of aggressive disease.
- Meet the 2018-19 Vice-Chancellor's Fellows (VCFs) 28 January 2019
- Teens keep active despite asthma or eczema, study finds 21 January 2019 A fresh look by the University of Bristol at how teenagers are affected by their asthma, eczema or obesity has some reassuring findings published in BMJ Open today (Monday 21 January).
- Professor Jane Norman appointed as the new Dean for the Faculty of Health Sciences 17 January 2019 The University has appointed a new Dean for the Faculty of Health Sciences. Professor Jane Norman, currently Professor of Maternal and Fetal Health at the University of Edinburgh, will take up the formal responsibilities of Dean from 1 August 2019
- New Bristol Cancer booklet 17 January 2019 The Bristol Cancer Research Network is delighted to announce the publication of our first information booklet on the major cancer research projects being undertaken at the University of Bristol.
Cancer research press releases
Press releases relating to cancer research on the University's central news pages.