Commercialisation for researchers
The commercialisation team works with researchers to provide guidance, practical advice and various forms of translational support to protect and transform research into new commercial opportunities.
This process requires time, commitment and teamwork. Please use the links below for more information or contact us directly.
Identifying a potential commercialisation opportunity
Providing support through the translation stage
Ongoing support through the commercialisation process
- The different forms of intellectual property
- Guide to patents and patentability (PDF, 163kB)
- Guide to inventorship (PDF, 566kB)
- UK IPO training tools
- What makes a good commercial project? (PDF, 533kB)
- Choosing a route to commercialisation (PDF, 529kB)
- Open Source Software Licensing (PDF, 248kB)
- Policy on Spin Out Company formation (PDF, 364kB)
- Starting a company, a quick guide for researchers (PDF, 238kB)
- Revenue sharing scheme.