Translational Acceleration and Knowledge Transfer (TRACK) awards
This scheme is currently closed for applications.
For further information or to register your interest in this scheme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the scheme
Description of the schemes
- TRACK Awards (Translational Acceleration and Knowledge Transfer Awards) will fund initial pilot studies to demonstrate the concept of a proposed solution to a health, clinical or product development need.
- These awards will support health related research projects which have translational/commercial potential but need to undertake an additional, specific piece of work before seeking proof of concept. Projects must demonstrate that they will meet a definable milestone that will enable the project to progress to the next stage.
Award amount and duration
We anticipate that individual projects funded from an institution’s award will be of the order of £25k and approximately 6-12 months in length, although this will be dictated by the needs of each project.
- These schemes are open to all University of Bristol academic staff members
- Individual projects will be approximately 6-12 months in length
- Funds will be used to support translational projects directly (not for coordination activities)
- Individual projects should be based on specific milestones in the translational pathway
The funding is not intended to support:
- Entire translational projects; applicants seeking funding for entire projects are directed to Development Pathway Funding Scheme.
- Administration costs or industrial partner costs
- Staff between posts/funding (i.e. as “bridging” funds), or PhD studentships
- Continuation of normal research grants
- Costs relating to the protection of intellectual property
Terms and conditions
The funds awarded include contribution from our Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund and as such are covered by the Wellcome Trust terms and conditions (https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/managing-grant/grant-conditions).
Please note that Clause 8.2 of the Wellcome Grant Conditions, related to Intellectual property (IP) and its exploitation, is waived in the context of this funding scheme. If you have any questions please contact EBI Manager Dr Nina Couzin email@example.com
How to apply
Download and complete the application form below, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information and queries
Please contact John.Halliwell@bristol.ac.uk for further information or to discuss your idea.
Some examples of how this scheme works in practice:
Previously funded TRACK projects
Find out more about our previously funded TRACK projects.