Recruitment for our spring 2016 campaign is now closed. If you are interested in being a telephone fundraiser, read on to find out more about what’s involved.
- a team player?
- enthusiastic and personable?
- confident and happy speaking on the phone?
- actively involved with and enjoying university life, or a first year who is enjoying university life so far and keen to get more involved?
As a telephone fundraiser, your role is to ask Bristol graduates for charitable donations towards the University. You will also talk to them about what is currently happening at Bristol and answer any queries they may have. You can read more about the projects the campaign helps fund on our how you help pages.
Being a telephone fundraiser requires fluent English. If you are looking for employment to improve your English language skills, please contact the Careers Service who may be able to offer you alternative choices for you.
Working hours and pay
Our autumn campaign will run from Monday 24 October to Sunday 4 December 2016 during the following hours:
- Monday to Thursday 6 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday 11 am to 2 pm and 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- Sunday 5 pm to 8 pm
You will be paid £7.65 per hour, plus an extra 12.07 per cent holiday pay bonus which will be paid in a lump sum at the end of the campaign on completion of your contract. All students are paid on a monthly basis on the 26th of the month. Callers are required to work an average of three shifts per week.
Benefits of being a telephone fundraiser
As a telephone fundraiser, you will:
- Be involved with vital charity work that will impact students, like you, for many years to come.
- Make friends with like-minded people, across all subjects and years.
- Work flexible shifts. We only work during term-time so it’s easy to fit around your studies. You will be asked to work a minimum of three sessions per week, with the option of extra shifts if they are available.
- Gain fantastic work experience for your CV. Employers are always impressed by communication and negotiation skills.
- Have the chance to win outstanding prizes and incentives every night from local sponsors.
- Receive full and extensive training (and be paid £7.65 an hour while in training).
- Have the opportunity to speak to Bristol graduates, many of whom will share their fascinating stories and offer sound careers advice.
- Be able to use your experience to count towards your Bristol PLuS award as we have a minimum of 54 hours of work available per term.
To receive a notification when recruitment reopens, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.