Browse/search for people
Professor Peter Fleming
Professor Peter Fleming
Professor of Infant Health & Developmental Physiology
MB,ChB(Bristol), MRCP(RCP), FRCP(Can), FRCP(Lon), PhD(Bristol), FRCPCH
My clinical practice is in the fields of newborn intensive care, developmental assessment and investigation and care of children with sleep-related disorders, particularly involving breathing.
My research is in the areas of developmental physiology, mother/baby interactions (particularly during sleep) and large scale studies of factors contributing to sudden death in infants.
I also have a particular clinical and research interest in the provision of bereavement care to parents after the death of a baby or child.
infantsSudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)infant developmentsleepnewborn intensive care
- Arya, R, Williams, G, Kilonback, AC, Toward, M, Griffin, M, Blair, PS & Fleming, P, 2017, Is the infant car seat challenge useful?: A pilot study in a simulated moving vehicle. Archives of Disease in Childhood - Fetal and Neonatal Edition, vol 102., pp. F136-F141
- Fleming, P, Ingram, J, Johnson, D & Blair, P, 2017, Estimating discharge dates using routinely collected data: improving the preparedness of parents of preterm infants for discharge home. Archives of Disease in Childhood - Fetal and Neonatal Edition, vol 102., pp. F170-F172
- Ingram, J, Redshaw, M, Manns, S, Beasant, L, Johnson, D, Fleming, P & Pontin, D, 2016, ‘Giving us hope’: parent and neonatal staff views and expectations of a planned family-centred discharge process (Train-to-Home). Health Expectations.
- Pease, A, Fleming, P, Hauck, FR, Moon, RY, Horne, RSC, L'hoir, MP, Ponsonby, A-L & Blair, P, 2016, Swaddling and the Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: A Meta-analysis. Pediatrics, vol 137.
- Ingram, JC, Powell, JE, Blair, PS, Pontin, D, Redshaw, ME, Manns, S, Beasant, L, Burden, H, Johnson, DGF, Rose, C & Fleming, PJ, 2016, Does family-centred neonatal discharge planning reduce healthcare usage?: A before and after study in South West England. BMJ Open, vol 6.
- Ingram, J, Johnson, D & Fleming, P, 2016, Family-centred discharge planning from neonatal care units. Infant, vol 12.
- Ingram, JC, Blair, PS, Powell, JE, Manns, S, Burden, H, Pontin, D, Redshaw, M, Beasant, L, Rose, C, Johnson, DGF, Gaunt, D & Fleming, P, 2016, Preparing for Home: a before-and-after study to investigate the effects of a neonatal discharge package aimed at increasing parental knowledge, understanding and confidence in caring for their preterm infant before and after discharge from hospital. Health Services and Delivery Research, vol 4.
- Tsogt, B, Manaseki-Holland, S, Blair, P & Fleming, P, 2016, Thermoregulatory effects of swaddling in Mongolia: a randomised controlled study.. Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol 101., pp. 152-60
- Pease, AS, Fleming, PJ & Blair, PS, 2015, Bed-sharing and unexpected infant deaths: what is the relationship?. Paediatric Respiratory Reviews., pp. 62-67
- Fleming, P & Blair, P, 2015, Making informed choices on co-sleeping with your baby: Avoid smoking, alcohol, recreational drugs, and co-sleeping on the sofa. BMJ, vol 350., pp. 1-2
Edit this profile If you are Professor Peter Fleming, you can edit this page. Login required.