Browse/search for people
Professor Peter Fleming
Professor Peter Fleming
Professor of Infant Health & Developmental Physiology
MB,ChB(Bristol), MRCP(RCP), FRCP(Can), FRCP(Lon), PhD(Bristol), FRCPCH
My clinical practice is in the fields of newborn intensive care, developmental assessment and investigation and care of children with sleep-related disorders, particularly involving breathing.
My research is in the areas of developmental physiology, mother/baby interactions (particularly during sleep) and large scale studies of factors contributing to sudden death in infants.
I also have a particular clinical and research interest in the provision of bereavement care to parents after the death of a baby or child.
infantsSudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)infant developmentsleepnewborn intensive care
- Pease, A, Fleming, P, Hauck, FR, Moon, RY, Horne, RSC, L'hoir, MP, Ponsonby, A-L & Blair, P, 2016, Swaddling and the Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: A Meta-analysis. Pediatrics.
- Tsogt, B, Manaseki-Holland, S, Blair, P & Fleming, P, 2016, Thermoregulatory effects of swaddling in Mongolia: a randomised controlled study.. Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol 101., pp. 152-60
- Ingram, J, Blair, P, Powell, JE, Manns, S, Burden, H, Pontin, D, Redshaw, M, Beasant, L, Rose, C, Johnson, D, Gaunt, D & Fleming, P, 2016, Preparing for Home: a before-and-after study to investigate the effects of a neonatal discharge package aimed at increasing parental knowledge, understanding and confidence in caring for their preterm infant before and after discharge from hospital. Health Services and Delivery Research, NIHR journals Library, Southampton (UK), vol 4.
- Ingram, JC, Powell, JE, Blair, PS, Pontin, D, Redshaw, ME, Manns, S, Beasant, L, Burden, H, Johnson, DGF, Rose, C & Fleming, PJ, 2016, Does family-centred neonatal discharge planning reduce healthcare usage?: A before and after study in South West England. BMJ Open, vol 6.
- Fleming, P & Blair, P, 2015, Classification of unexpected infant deaths: what can we learn from international comparisons?. Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol 100., pp. 1009-1010
- Fleming, P & Blair, P, 2015, Making informed choices on co-sleeping with your baby: Avoid smoking, alcohol, recreational drugs, and co-sleeping on the sofa. BMJ, vol 350., pp. 1-2
- Fleming, P, Blair, P & Pease, A, 2015, Sudden unexpected death in infancy: aetiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology and prevention in 2015. Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol 100., pp. 984-988
- Humphreys, JS, Gringras, P, Blair, PS, Scott, N, Henderson, J, Fleming, PJ & Emond, AM, 2014, Sleep patterns in children with autistic spectrum disorders: a prospective cohort study. Archives of disease in childhood, vol 99., pp. 114-8
- Blair, PS, Sidebotham, P, Pease, A & Fleming, PJ, 2014, Bed-Sharing in the Absence of Hazardous Circumstances: Is There a Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome? An Analysis from Two Case-Control Studies Conducted in the UK. PLOS ONE, vol 9., pp. e107799
- Heslop, P, Blair, PS, Fleming, PJ, Hoghton, MA, Marriott, AM & Russ, LS, 2014, Poor adherence to the mental capacity act and premature death. The Journal of Adult Protection, vol 16., pp. 367-376
Edit this profile If you are Professor Peter Fleming, you can edit this page. Login required.