Browse/search for people
Dr Penny Whiting
Dr Penny Whiting
Senior Research Fellow
BA(Oxon), MSc(Lond), PhD(Amst)
- Hay, AD, Birnie, K, Busby, J, Delaney, B, Downing, H, Dudley, J, Durbaba, S, Fletcher, M, Harman, K, Hollingworth, W, Hood, K, Howe, R, Lawton, M, Lisles, C, Little, P, MacGowan, A, O'Brien, K, Pickles, T, Rumsby, K, Sterne, JA, Thomas-Jones, E, Voort, Jvd, Waldron, C-A, Whiting, P, Wootton, M & Butler, CC, 2016, The Diagnosis of Urinary Tract infection in Young children (DUTY): a diagnostic prospective observational study to derive and validate a clinical algorithm for the diagnosis of urinary tract infection in children presenting to primary care with an acute illness. Health Technology Assessment, vol 20., pp. 1-294
- Blencowe, N, Blazeby, J, Whiting, P, Mills, N, Cook, J, Donovan, J & Rogers, C, 2016, Methods for standardizing and monitoring the delivery of surgical interventions in randomized controlled trials. British Journal of Surgery.
- Whiting, P, Moore, T, Jameson, C, Davies, P, Rowlands, M-A, Burke, M, Beynon, R, Savovic, J & Donovan, J, 2016, Symptomatic and quality of life outcomes following treatment for clinically localized prostate cancer: a systematic review. BJU International.
- Edwards, HB, Savovic, J, Whiting, PF, Leach, VA, Richards, AC, Cullum, SJ & Cheston, R, 2016, Quality of relationships as predictors of outcomes in people with dementia: a systematic review protocol. BMJ Open, vol 6.
- Whiting, P & Savovic, J, 2016, The rationale for rating risk of bias should be fully reported: response. J Clin Epidemiology.
- Morden, AW, Horwood, JP, Whiting, PF, Savovic, J, Tomlinson, L, Blakeman, T, Tomson, C, Richards, AC, Stone, TJ & Caskey, FJ, 2015, The risks and benefits of patients temporarily discontinuing medications in the event of an intercurrent illness: a systematic review protocol. Systematic Reviews, vol 4.
- Ben-Shlomo, Y, Collin, SM, Quekett, J, Sterne, JAC & Whiting, P, 2015, Presentation of diagnostic information to doctors may change their interpretation and clinical management: A web-based randomised controlled trial. PLOS ONE, vol 10.
- Whiting, PF, Savovic, J, Higgins, JPT, Caldwell, DM, Reeves, BC, Shea, B, Davies, P, Kleijnen, J, Churchill, RC & , 2015, ROBIS: A new tool to assess risk of bias in systematic reviews was developed. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol 69., pp. 225-324
- Blencowe, NS, Boddy, AP, Harris, A, Hanna, T, Whiting, P, Cook, JA & Blazeby, JM, 2015, Systematic review of intervention design and delivery in pragmatic and explanatory surgical randomized clinical trials. British Journal of Surgery, vol 102., pp. 1037-47
- Whiting, P, Al, M, Westwood, M, Ramos, IC, Ryder, S, Armstrong, N, Misso, K, Ross, J, Severens, J & Kleijnen, J, 2015, Viscoelastic point-of-care testing to assist with the diagnosis, management and monitoring of haemostasis: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis. Health Technology Assessment, vol 19., pp. 1-228, v-vi
Edit this profile If you are Dr Penny Whiting, you can edit this page. Login required.