Browse/search for people
Dr Penny Whiting
Dr Penny Whiting
Senior Research Fellow
BA(Oxon), MSc(Lond), PhD(Amst)
- Whiting, P, Savović, J, Morden, A, Caskey, F, Blakeman, T, Tomson, C, Stone, T, Richards, A, Horwood, J & Tomlinson, L, 2016, What are the risks and benefits of temporarily discontinuing medications to prevent acute kidney injury?: A Systematic Review. BMJ Open.
- Sterne, J, Hernán, MA, Reeves, B, Savović, J, Berkman, ND, Viswanathan, M, Henry, D, Altman, DG, Ansari, MT, Boutron, I, Carpenter, JR, Chan, A-W, Churchill, R, Deeks, J, Hróbjartsson, A, Kirkham, J, Juni, P, Loke, YK, Pigott, TD, Ramsay, CR, Regidor, D, Rothstein, HR, Sandhu, L, Schünemann, H, Shea, B, Shrier, I, Tugwell, P, Turner, L, Valentine, JC, Waddington, H, Waters, E, Wells, GA, Whiting, P & Higgins, J, 2016, ROBINS-I: a tool for assessing risk of bias in non-randomized studies of interventions. BMJ.
- Blencowe, N, Blazeby, J, Whiting, P, Mills, N, Cook, J, Donovan, J & Rogers, C, 2016, Standardizing and monitoring the delivery of surgical interventions in randomized clinical trials. British Journal of Surgery, vol 103., pp. 1377-1384
- Hay, AD, Birnie, K, Busby, J, Delaney, B, Downing, H, Dudley, J, Durbaba, S, Fletcher, M, Harman, K, Hollingworth, W, Hood, K, Howe, R, Lawton, M, Lisles, C, Little, P, MacGowan, A, O'Brien, K, Pickles, T, Rumsby, K, Sterne, JA, Thomas-Jones, E, Voort, Jvd, Waldron, C-A, Whiting, P, Wootton, M & Butler, CC, 2016, The Diagnosis of Urinary Tract infection in Young children (DUTY): a diagnostic prospective observational study to derive and validate a clinical algorithm for the diagnosis of urinary tract infection in children presenting to primary care with an acute illness. Health Technology Assessment, vol 20., pp. 1-294
- Edwards, HB, Savovic, J, Whiting, PF, Leach, VA, Richards, AC, Cullum, SJ & Cheston, R, 2016, Quality of relationships as predictors of outcomes in people with dementia: a systematic review protocol. BMJ Open, vol 6.
- Whiting, P, Moore, T, Jameson, C, Davies, P, Rowlands, M-A, Burke, M, Beynon, R, Savovic, J & Donovan, J, 2016, Symptomatic and quality of life outcomes following treatment for clinically localized prostate cancer: a systematic review. BJU International, vol 118., pp. 193?204
- Whiting, P & Savovic, J, 2016, The rationale for rating risk of bias should be fully reported: response. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology.
- Ben-Shlomo, Y, Collin, SM, Quekett, J, Sterne, JAC & Whiting, P, 2015, Presentation of diagnostic information to doctors may change their interpretation and clinical management: A web-based randomised controlled trial. PLOS ONE, vol 10.
- Morden, AW, Horwood, JP, Whiting, PF, Savovic, J, Tomlinson, L, Blakeman, T, Tomson, C, Richards, AC, Stone, TJ & Caskey, FJ, 2015, The risks and benefits of patients temporarily discontinuing medications in the event of an intercurrent illness: a systematic review protocol. Systematic Reviews, vol 4.
- Whiting, PF, Wolff, RF, Deshpande, S, Di Nisio, M, Duffy, S, Hernandez, AV, Keurentjes, JC, Lang, S, Misso, K, Ryder, S, Schmidlkofer, S, Westwood, M & Kleijnen, J, 2015, Cannabinoids for Medical Use: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA, vol 313., pp. 2456-73
Edit this profile If you are Dr Penny Whiting, you can edit this page. Login required.