Browse/search for people
Dr Zoe Leinhardt
Dr Zoe Leinhardt
BA (Carleton College), MSc (Univ of Washington), PhD (Univ of Maryland)
Area of research
Planet Formation Group
I am a computational astrophysicist. My research interests focus on the formation and evolution of planets and small bodies, such as asteroids and comets through the use of numerical simulations. There is more information on my group's research page.
I am actively involved in both teaching and research in the School of Physics. This year I am teaching two undergraduate lecture courses -- the Planets module of Stars and Planets and Electricity and Magnetism. I am also supervising a number of research projects (both undergraduate and postgraduate) investigating various aspects of planet formation.
- planetary astrophysics
- solar system evolution
- collisional physics
- numerical methods
School of Physics
- Bonsor, A, Leinhardt, ZM, Carter, PJ, Elliott, T, Walter, MJ & Stewart, ST 2015, A collisional origin to Earth's non-chondritic composition?. Icarus, vol 247., pp. 291-300
- Lines, SM, Leinhardt, ZM, Baruteau, C, Paardekooper, S-J & Carter, PJ 2015, Modelling circumbinary protoplanetary disks: I. Fluid simulations of the Kepler-16 and 34 systems. Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol 582.
- Carter, PJ, Leinhardt, ZM, Elliott, T, Walter, MJ & Stewart, ST 2015, Compositional evolution during rocky protoplanet accretion. The Astrophysical Journal, vol 813.
- Leinhardt, ZM, Dobinson, J, Carter, PJ & Lines, S 2015, Numerically Predicted Indirect Signatures of Terrestrial Planet Formation. The Astrophysical Journal, vol 806., pp. 1 - 9
- Veras, D, Leinhardt, ZM, Eggl, S & Gaensicke, BT 2015, Formation of planetary debris discs around white dwarfs II: Shrinking extremely eccentric collisionless rings. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.
- Lines, S, Leinhardt, ZM, Paardekooper, S, Baruteau, C & Thebault, P 2014, FORMING CIRCUMBINARY PLANETS: N-BODY SIMULATIONS OF KEPLER-34. The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol 782.
- Veras, D, Leinhardt, ZM, Bonsor, A & Gaensicke, BT 2014, Formation of planetary debris discs around white dwarfs – I. Tidal disruption of an extremely eccentric asteroid. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol 445., pp. 2244?2255
- Dobinson, J, Leinhardt, ZM, Dodson-Robinson, SE & Teanby, NA 2013, HIDING IN THE SHADOWS: SEARCHING FOR PLANETS IN PRE-TRANSITIONAL AND TRANSITIONAL DISKS. The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol 777.
- Leinhardt, Z & Stewart, ST 2012, Collisions Between Gravity-Dominated Bodies: 1. Outcome Regimes and Scaling Laws. The Astrophysical Journal, vol 745.
- Paardekooper, S-J, Leinhardt, ZM, Thebault, P & Baruteau, C 2012, How Not to Build Tatooine: The Difficulty of In Situ Formation of Circumbinary Planets Kepler 16b, Kepler 34b, and Kepler 35b. The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol 754., pp. L16
Dr Leinhardt currently teaches 4 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Dr Zoe Leinhardt, you can edit this page. Login required.