Browse/search for people
Dr Zoe Leinhardt
Dr Zoe Leinhardt
BA (Carleton College), MSc (Univ of Washington), PhD (Univ of Maryland)
Area of research
Planet Formation Group
I am a computational astrophysicist. My research interests focus on the formation and evolution of planets and small bodies, such as asteroids and comets through the use of numerical simulations. There is more information on my group's research page.
I am actively involved in both teaching and research in the School of Physics. This year I am teaching two undergraduate lecture courses -- the Planets module of Stars and Planets and Electricity and Magnetism. I am also supervising a number of research projects (both undergraduate and postgraduate) investigating various aspects of planet formation.
- planetary astrophysics
- solar system evolution
- collisional physics
- numerical methods
School of Physics
- Dobinson, J, Leinhardt, ZM, Lines, SM, Carter, PJ, Dodson-Robinson, SE & Teanby, NA, 2016, Hiding in the shadows. II.: Collisional dust as exoplanet markers. Astrophysical Journal, vol 820.
- Lines, S, Leinhardt, Z, Carter, P, Paardekooper, S-J & Baruteau, C, 2016, Modelling circumbinary protoplanetary disks II. Gas disk feedback on planetesimal dynamical and collisional evolution in the circumbinary systems Kepler-16 and 34.. Astronomy & Astrophysics (A&A).
- Bonsor, A, Leinhardt, ZM, Carter, PJ, Elliott, T, Walter, MJ & Stewart, ST, 2015, A collisional origin to Earth's non-chondritic composition?. Icarus, vol 247., pp. 291-300
- Veras, D, Leinhardt, ZM, Eggl, S & Gaensicke, BT, 2015, Formation of planetary debris discs around white dwarfs - II: Shrinking extremely eccentric collisionless rings. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol 451., pp. 3453-3459
- Carter, PJ, Leinhardt, ZM, Elliott, T, Walter, MJ & Stewart, ST, 2015, Compositional evolution during rocky protoplanet accretion. The Astrophysical Journal, vol 813.
- Lines, SM, Leinhardt, ZM, Baruteau, C, Paardekooper, S-J & Carter, PJ, 2015, Modelling circumbinary protoplanetary disks: I. Fluid simulations of the Kepler-16 and 34 systems. Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol 582.
- Leinhardt, ZM, Dobinson, J, Carter, PJ & Lines, S, 2015, Numerically Predicted Indirect Signatures of Terrestrial Planet Formation. The Astrophysical Journal, vol 806., pp. 1 - 9
- Lines, S, Leinhardt, ZM, Paardekooper, S, Baruteau, C & Thebault, P, 2014, FORMING CIRCUMBINARY PLANETS: N-BODY SIMULATIONS OF KEPLER-34. The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol 782.
- Veras, D, Leinhardt, ZM, Bonsor, A & Gaensicke, BT, 2014, Formation of planetary debris discs around white dwarfs – I. Tidal disruption of an extremely eccentric asteroid. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol 445., pp. 2244?2255
- Dobinson, J, Leinhardt, ZM, Dodson-Robinson, SE & Teanby, NA, 2013, HIDING IN THE SHADOWS: SEARCHING FOR PLANETS IN PRE-TRANSITIONAL AND TRANSITIONAL DISKS. The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol 777.
Dr Leinhardt currently teaches 4 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Dr Zoe Leinhardt, you can edit this page. Login required.