Browse/search for people
Dr Zoe Leinhardt
Dr Zoe Leinhardt
BA (Carleton College), MSc (Univ of Washington), PhD (Univ of Maryland)
Area of research
Planet Formation Group
I am a computational astrophysicist. My research interests focus on the formation and evolution of planets and small bodies, such as asteroids and comets through the use of numerical simulations. There is more information on my group's research page.
I am an STFC Advanced Fellow in the Astrophysics Group in the School of Physics at the University of Bristol. Please see my CV on my group webpage for more details.
I currently teach the undergraduate Planets module of Astronomy I.
- planetary astrophysics
- solar system evolution
- collisional physics
- numerical methods
School of Physics
- Bonsor, A, Leinhardt, ZM, Carter, PJ, Elliott, T, Walter, MJ & Stewart, ST 2015, A collisional origin to Earth's non-chondritic composition?. Icarus, vol 247., pp. 291-300
- Veras, D, Leinhardt, ZM, Eggl, S & Gaensicke, BT 2015, Formation of planetary debris discs around white dwarfs II: Shrinking extremely eccentric collisionless rings. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.
- Leinhardt, ZM, Dobinson, J, Carter, PJ & Lines, S 2015, Numerically Predicted Indirect Signatures of Terrestrial Planet Formation. The Astrophysical Journal, vol 806., pp. 1 - 9
- Lines, S, Leinhardt, ZM, Paardekooper, S, Baruteau, C & Thebault, P 2014, FORMING CIRCUMBINARY PLANETS: N-BODY SIMULATIONS OF KEPLER-34. The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol 782.
- Veras, D, Leinhardt, ZM, Bonsor, A & Gaensicke, BT 2014, Formation of planetary debris discs around white dwarfs – I. Tidal disruption of an extremely eccentric asteroid. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol 445., pp. 2244?2255
- Dobinson, J, Leinhardt, ZM, Dodson-Robinson, SE & Teanby, NA 2013, HIDING IN THE SHADOWS: SEARCHING FOR PLANETS IN PRE-TRANSITIONAL AND TRANSITIONAL DISKS. The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol 777.
- Leinhardt, ZM, Ogilvie, G, Latter, H & Kokubo, E 2012, Tidal disruption of satellites and formation of narrow rings. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol 424., pp. 1419-1413
- Leinhardt, Z & Stewart, ST 2012, Collisions Between Gravity-Dominated Bodies: 1. Outcome Regimes and Scaling Laws. The Astrophysical Journal, vol 745.
- Paardekooper, S-J, Leinhardt, ZM, Thebault, P & Baruteau, C 2012, How Not to Build Tatooine: The Difficulty of In Situ Formation of Circumbinary Planets Kepler 16b, Kepler 34b, and Kepler 35b. The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol 754., pp. L16
- Leinhardt, Z, Marcus, RA & Stewart, ST 2010, The Formation of the Collisional Family Around the Dwarf Planet Haumea. The Astrophysical Journal, vol 714.
Edit this profile If you are Dr Zoe Leinhardt, you can edit this page. Login required.