Browse/search for people
Professor Tom Scott
Professor Tom Scott
Professor in Materials
MSci Hons(Bristol), PhD
Area of research
Geochemistry and Metallurgy of uranium
Geochemistry and Metallurgy of uranium - specialising in the oxidation/corrosion behaviour of uranium, and methods for its environmental remediation. Active interests also include the geochemistry of iron and iron bearing minerals (PhD Specialisation) for the uptake and environmental remediation of heavy metals and radionuclides. This extends to a developed interest in the corrosion and microstructural ageing behaviour of structural materials (300 series steels) in reactor and storage environments. Research has been funded in association with the AWE, CERN, Sellafield and EDF Energy (HTC) with complementary funding from EPSRC, NERC, NATO and the Royal Society.
- Martin, PG, Kwong, S, Smith, N, Yamashiki, Y, Payton, OD, Russell-Pavier, F, Fardoulis, J, Richards, D & Scott, T, 2016, 3D unmanned aerial vehicle radiation mapping for assessing contaminant distribution and mobility.. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, vol 52., pp. 12-19
- Martin, PG, Payton, OD, Yamashiki, Y, Richards, DA & Scott, TB, 2016, High-resolution radiation mapping to investigate FDNPP derived contaminant migration. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, vol 164., pp. 26-35
- Connor, D, Martin, P & Scott, T, 2016, Airborne Radiation Mapping: Overview and Application of Current and Future Aerial Systems.. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation.
- Jones, CP, Brenner, CM, Stitt, CA, Armstrong, C, Rusby, DR, Mirfayzi, SR, Wilson, LA, Alejo, A, Ahmed, H, Allott, R, Butler, NM, Clarke, RJ, Haddock, D, Hernandez-Gomez, C, Higginson, A, Murphy, C, Notley, M, Paraskevoulakos, C, Jowsey, J, McKenna, P, Neely, D, Kar, S & Scott, TB, 2016, Evaluating laser-driven bremsstrahlung radiation sources for imaging and analysis of nuclear waste packages. Journal of Hazardous Materials.
- Jones, CP, Petherbridge, JR, Davis, SA, Jones, J & Scott, TB, 2016, The crystallographic structure of the air-grown oxide on depleted uranium metal. Corrosion Science.
- Martinez-Ubeda, AI, Griffiths, I, Karunaratne, MS, Flewitt, PE, Younes, C & Scott, T, 2016, Influence of nominal composition variation on phase evolution and creep life of Type 316H austenitic stainless steel components: 21st European Conference on Fracture, ECF21, 20-24 June 2016, Catania, Italy. Procedia Structural Integrity, vol 2., pp. 958-965
- Ortega-Calvo, J-J, Jimenez-Sanchez, C, Pratarolo, P, Pullin, H, Scott, TB & Thompson, IP, 2016, Tactic response of bacteria to zero-valent iron nanoparticles. Environmental Pollution, vol 213., pp. 438-445
- Martin, P & Scott, T, 2016, Electron microscopy at the nano-scale to investigate the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant radiation releases.. in: Microscopy and Analysis. Wiley & Sons
- Payton, O, Picco, L & Scott, T, 2016, High-speed atomic force microscopy for materials science. International Materials Reviews.
- Warren, X, Ubeda, AM, Payton, O, Picco, L & Scott, T, 2016, Preparation of stainless steel surfaces for scanning probe microscopy techniques. Microscopy Today.
Professor Scott currently teaches 3 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Professor Tom Scott, you can edit this page. Login required.