Browse/search for people
Professor Tom Scott
Professor Tom Scott
Professor in Materials
MSci Hons(Bristol), PhD
Area of research
Geochemistry and Metallurgy of uranium
Geochemistry and Metallurgy of uranium - specialising in the oxidation/corrosion behaviour of uranium, and methods for its environmental remediation. Active interests also include the geochemistry of iron and iron bearing minerals (PhD Specialisation) for the uptake and environmental remediation of heavy metals and radionuclides. This extends to a developed interest in the corrosion and microstructural ageing behaviour of structural materials (300 series steels) in reactor and storage environments. Research has been funded in association with the AWE, CERN, Sellafield and EDF Energy (HTC) with complementary funding from EPSRC, NERC, NATO and the Royal Society.
- Martin, PG, Kwong, S, Smith, N, Yamashiki, Y, Payton, OD, Russell-Pavier, F, Fardoulis, J, Richards, D & Scott, T, 2016, 3D unmanned aerial vehicle radiation mapping for assessing contaminant distribution and mobility.. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, vol 52., pp. 12-19
- Popel, A, Adamska, AM, Martin, PG, Payton, OD, Lampronti, G, Picco, L, Payne, L, Springell, R, Scott, TB, Monnet, I & Farnan, I, 2016, Structural effects in UO2 thin films irradiated with U ions. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, vol 386., pp. 8-15
- Banos, AK & Scott, TB, 2016, Statistical analysis of UH3 initiation using electron back-scattered diffraction (EBSD). Solid State Ionics, vol 296., pp. 137-145
- Connor, DT, Martin, PG & Scott, TB, 2016, Airborne Radiation Mapping: Overview and Application of Current and Future Aerial Systems.. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation.
- Martin, PG, Payton, OD, Yamashiki, Y, Richards, DA & Scott, TB, 2016, High-resolution radiation mapping to investigate FDNPP derived contaminant migration. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, vol 164., pp. 26-35
- Popel, A, V.A., L, Martin, P, A.A., S, Lampronti, G, Springell, R, Kalmykov, SN, Scott, T, Monnet, I, Grygiel, C & Farnan, I, 2016, Structural effects in UO2 thin films irradiated with fission-energy Xe ions. Journal of Nuclear Materials.
- Pullin, H, Springell, R, Parry, S & Scott, T, 2016, The effect of aqueous corrosion on the structure and reactivity of zero-valent iron nanoparticles. Chemical Engineering Journal, vol 308., pp. 568-577
- Banos, AK, Stitt, CAD & Scott, TB, 2016, The effect of sample preparation on uranium hydriding. Corrosion Science.
- Martin, TL, Coe, C, Bagot, PAJ, Morrall, P, Smith, GDW, Scott, TB & Moody, MP, 2016, Atomic-scale Studies of Uranium Oxidation and Corrosion by Water Vapour. Scientific Reports, vol 6.
- Payne, L, Heard, P & Scott, T, 2016, Examination of Surface Deposits on Oldbury Reactor Core Graphite to Determine the Concentration and Distribution of 14C. PLoS ONE, vol 11.
Professor Scott currently teaches 3 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Professor Tom Scott, you can edit this page. Login required.