Browse/search for people
Dr Tom Scott
Dr Tom Scott
Royal Academy of Engineering Senior Research Fellow in Actinide Metallurgy
MSci Hons(Bristol), PhD
Area of research
Geochemistry and Metallurgy of uranium
Geochemistry and Metallurgy of uranium - specialising in the oxidation/corrosion behaviour of uranium, and methods for its environmental remediation. Active interests also include the geochemistry of iron and iron bearing minerals (PhD Specialisation) for the uptake and environmental remediation of heavy metals and radionuclides. This extends to a developed interest in the corrosion and microstructural ageing behaviour of structural materials (300 series steels) in reactor and storage environments. Research has been funded in association with the AWE, CERN, Sellafield and EDF Energy (HTC) with complementary funding from EPSRC, NERC, NATO and the Royal Society.
- Martin, P & Scott, T, 2016, Electron microscopy at the nano-scale to investigate the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant radiation releases.. in: Microscopy and Analysis. Wiley & Sons
- Connor, D, Martin, P & Scott, T, 2016, Airborne Radiation Mapping: Overview and Application of Current and Future Aerial Systems.. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation.
- Martin, PG, Payton, OD, Yamashiki, Y, Richards, DA & Scott, TB, 2016, High-resolution radiation mapping to investigate FDNPP derived contaminant migration. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, vol 164., pp. 26-35
- Payton, O, Picco, L & Scott, T, 2016, High-speed atomic force microscopy for materials science. International Materials Reviews.
- Martin, PG, Kwong, S, Smith, N, Yamashiki, Y, Payton, OD, Russell-Pavier, F, Fardoulis, J, Richards, D & Scott, T, 2016, 3D unmanned aerial vehicle radiation mapping for assessing contaminant distribution and mobility.. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, vol 52., pp. 12-19
- Jones, CP, Petherbridge, JR, Davis, SA, Jones, JA & Scott, TB, 2016, The crystallographic structure of the air-grown oxide on depleted uranium metal. Corrosion Science.
- Warren, X, Ubeda, AM, Payton, O, Picco, L & Scott, T, 2016, Preparation of stainless steel surfaces for scanning probe microscopy techniques. Microscopy Today.
- Martin, PG, Scott, TB, Payton, OD, Richards, DA, Yamashiki, Y & Fardoulis, JS, 2016, Low-Altitude Unmanned Aerial Vehicles as a Tool for the Remediation of Radiologically Contaminated Environments., pp. 1-13
- Thill, PG, Scott, TB, Ager, DK, Vojnovic, B, Tesh, SJ & Thompson, IP, 2016, Hybrid biological, electron beam and zero-valent nano iron treatment of recalcitrant metalworking fluids. Water Research, vol 93., pp. 214-21
- Ortega-Calvo, J-J, Jimenez-Sanchez, C, Pratarolo, P, Pullin, H, Scott, TB & Thompson, IP, 2016, Tactic response of bacteria to zero-valent iron nanoparticles. Environmental Pollution, vol 213., pp. 438-445
Dr Scott currently teaches 3 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Dr Tom Scott, you can edit this page. Login required.