Browse/search for people
Dr Ruth Oulton
Dr Ruth Oulton
Area of research
Solid State Spin Physics and Polarization-Engineered Nanophotonics for Quantum Technologies
I am an EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellow in the
Centre for Quantum Photonics, and hold a proleptic lectureship in
Electrical and Electronic Engineering. My research interests centre around the use of solid-state quantum emitters that interact with light, for quantum technology applications.
I am Principle Investigator and Co Investigator of several research grants which cover a range of research interests:
"Waves" part of "Waves and Optics" course for the foundation Physics 1E/1P course.
Final Year Projects:
Final year project and dissertation students in Physics
Final year and MSc project students in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Quantum Dots
- Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Optics
- Optical Spectroscopy
- light-matter interactions
- quantum electro-dynamics in solid-state systems.
- Lopez-Garcia, M, Ho, Y-D, Taverne, MPC, Chen, L, Murshidy, MM, Edwards, AP, Serry, MY, Adawi, AM, Rarity, JG, Oulton, R & Garcia, ML 2014, Efficient out-coupling and beaming of Tamm optical states via surface plasmon polariton excitation. Applied Physics Letters, vol 104.
- Zou, L, Garcia, ML, Withayachumnankul, W, Shah, A, Bhaskaran, M, Sriram, S, Oulton, R, Klemm, M & Fumeaux, C 2014, Spectral and angular characteristics of dielectric resonator metasurface at optical frequencies. Applied Physics Letters, vol 105.
- Luxmoore, IJ, Wasley, NA, Ramsay, AJ, Thijssen, ACT, Oulton, R, Hugues, M, Kasture, S, Achanta, VG, Fox, AM & Skolnick, MS 2013, Interfacing Spins in an InGaAs Quantum Dot to a Semiconductor Waveguide Circuit Using Emitted Photons. Physical Review Letters, vol 110.
- Luxmoore, I, Wasley, NA, Ramsay, AJ, Oulton, R, Ramsay, A, Thijssen, ACT, Hughes, M, Fox, AM & Skolnick, M 2013, Optical control of the emission direction of a quantum dot. Applied Physics Letters, vol 103., pp. 241102
- Garcia, ML, Chen, L, Taverne, MPC, Zheng, X, Ho, Y-L, Oulton, R & Rarity, J 2013, Air/Polymer microcavities inspected by Fourier image spectroscopy. in: The European Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics and the International Quantum Electronics Conference (CLEO/Europe-IQEC 2013): Munich, Germany, May 12 - 16, 2013.
- Thijssen, ACT, Cryan, MJ, Rarity, JG & Oulton, R 2012, Transfer of arbitrary quantum emitter states to near-field photon superpositions in nanocavities. Optics Express, vol 20., pp. 22412-22428
- Hu, C, Young, A, Carswell, S, Oulton, R, C., S, S., R, Martin, K, A., F, S., H & Rarity, J 2012, Limitless range quantum communications: steps towards a solid-state quantum repeater (Invited). in: Optical Fiber Communication Conference (OFC), 4-8 March 2012, Los Angeles.
- Young, A, Oulton, R, Hu, C, Thijssen, A, Schneider, C, Reitzenstein, S, Kamp, M, Hofling, S, Worschech, L, Forchel, A & Rarity, J 2011, Quantum dot induced phase shift in a pillar microcavity. Physical Review A, vol 84., pp. 011803 - 011806
- Chalcraft, A, Lam, S, Jones, B, Szymanski, D, Oulton, R, Thijssen, A, Skolnick, M, Whittaker, D, Krauss, T & Fox, A 2011, Mode structure of coupled L3 photonic crystal cavities. Optics Express, vol 19 (6)., pp. 5670 - 5675
- Hu, CY, Munro, WJ, Young, AB, Oulton, R, O'Brien, JL & Rarity, JG 2010, PHOTON-SPIN QUANTUM INTERFACE USING A QUANTUM-DOT SPIN IN A MICROCAVITY. in: L Vina, C Tejedor, JM Calleja (eds) 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON OPTICS OF EXCITONS IN CONFINED SYSTEMS (OECS11). Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft & IOP Publishing Ltd, pp. -
Edit this profile If you are Dr Ruth Oulton, you can edit this page. Login required.