Browse/search for people
Dr Ruth Oulton
Dr Ruth Oulton
Area of research
Solid State Spin Physics and Polarization-Engineered Nanophotonics for Quantum Technologies
I am a senior lecturer and former EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellow in the Centre for Quantum Photonics, in Physics and Electrical and Electronic Engineering. My research interests centre around the use of solid-state quantum emitters that interact with light, for quantum technology applications.
I am Principle Investigator and Co Investigator of several research grants which cover a range of research interests:
"Waves" part of "Waves and Optics" course for the foundation Physics 1E/1P course.
Final Year Projects:
Final year project and dissertation students in Physics
Final year and MSc project students in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Quantum Dots
- Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Optics
- Optical Spectroscopy
- light-matter interactions
- quantum electro-dynamics in solid-state systems.
- Young, A, Thijssen, A, Beggs, D, Androvitsaneas, P, Kuipers, L, Rarity, J, Hughes, S & Oulton, R, 2015, Polarization engineering in photonic crystal waveguides for spin-photon entanglers. Physical Review Letters, vol 115.
- Lang, B, Beggs, DM, Young, AB, Rarity, J & Oulton, R, 2015, Stability of polarization singularities in disordered photonic crystal waveguides. Physical Review A, vol 92.
- Chen, L, Taverne, M, Zheng, X, Lin, J-D, Oulton, R, Garcia, ML, Ho, D & Rarity, J, 2015, Evidence of near-infrared partial photonic bandgap in polymeric rod-connected diamond structures. Optics Express, vol 23., pp. 26565-26575
- Wilby, D, Toomey, M, Olsson, P, Frederiksen, R, Cornwall, C, Oulton, R, Kelber, A, Corbo, J & Roberts, N, 2015, Optics of cone photoreceptors in the chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus). Journal of the Royal Society Interface, vol 12.
- Zou, L, Garcia, ML, Withayachumnankul, W, Shah, A, Bhaskaran, M, Sriram, S, Oulton, R, Klemm, M & Fumeaux, C, 2014, Spectral and angular characteristics of dielectric resonator metasurface at optical frequencies. Applied Physics Letters, vol 105.
- Lopez-Garcia, M, Ho, Y-D, Taverne, MPC, Chen, L, Murshidy, MM, Edwards, AP, Serry, MY, Adawi, AM, Rarity, JG, Oulton, R & Garcia, ML, 2014, Efficient out-coupling and beaming of Tamm optical states via surface plasmon polariton excitation. Applied Physics Letters, vol 104.
- Luxmoore, I, Wasley, NA, Ramsay, AJ, Oulton, R, Ramsay, A, Thijssen, ACT, Hughes, M, Fox, AM & Skolnick, M, 2013, Optical control of the emission direction of a quantum dot. Applied Physics Letters, vol 103., pp. 241102
- Luxmoore, IJ, Wasley, NA, Ramsay, AJ, Thijssen, ACT, Oulton, R, Hugues, M, Kasture, S, Achanta, VG, Fox, AM & Skolnick, MS, 2013, Interfacing Spins in an InGaAs Quantum Dot to a Semiconductor Waveguide Circuit Using Emitted Photons. Physical Review Letters, vol 110.
- Garcia, ML, Chen, L, Taverne, MPC, Zheng, X, Ho, Y-L, Oulton, R & Rarity, J, 2013, Air/Polymer microcavities inspected by Fourier image spectroscopy. in: The European Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics and the International Quantum Electronics Conference (CLEO/Europe-IQEC 2013): Munich, Germany, May 12 - 16, 2013.
- Thijssen, ACT, Cryan, MJ, Rarity, JG & Oulton, R, 2012, Transfer of arbitrary quantum emitter states to near-field photon superpositions in nanocavities. Optics Express, vol 20., pp. 22412-22428
Edit this profile If you are Dr Ruth Oulton, you can edit this page. Login required.