Browse/search for people
Dr Annela Seddon
Dr Annela Seddon
Senior Lecturer and Director of the Bristol Centre for Functional Nanomaterials
My areas of expertise include the fabrication of materials on the nanoscale, in particular, materials influenced by biology and nature.
I am interested in the interplay between the scientific disciplines and work incorporating techniques and ideas from physics and chemistry to understand biological problems.
In particular, I use techniques such as x-ray scattering to look at small scale structures and am developing new techniques for fluid handling which can again be applied to biological systems.
- interdisciplinary research
- Carreira, SC, Armstrong, J, Perriman, A, Hartley-Davies, R, Seddon, A & Schwarzacher, W, 2016, Ultra-fast stem cell labelling using cationised magnetoferritin. Nanoscale, vol 8., pp. 7474-7483
- Oliver, K, Seddon, A & Trask, RS, 2016, Morphing in nature and beyond: a review of natural and synthetic shape-changing materials and mechanisms. Journal of Materials Science, vol 51., pp. 10663?10689
- Carreira, SC, Spencer, J, Schwarzacher, W & Seddon, A, 2016, Cationized magnetoferritin enables rapid labeling and concentration of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria in magnetic cell separation columns. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol 82., pp. 3599-3604
- Carreira, SC, Armstrong, JPK, Okuda, M, Seddon, AM, Perriman, AW & Schwarzacher, W, 2016, Synthesis of cationized magnetoferritin for ultra-fast magnetization of cells. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE, vol 2016.
- Mulakkal, MC, Seddon, AM, Whittell, G, Manners, I & Trask, RS, 2016, 4D fibrous materials: Characterising the deployment of paper architectures. Smart Materials and Structures, vol 25.
- Meissner, M, Dong, J, Eggers, J, Seddon, A & Royall, C, 2016, Oil-in-water microfluidics on the colloidal scale: new routes to self-assembly and glassy packings. Soft Matter, vol 13., pp. 788-794
- Seddon, A, Squires, A, Pfrang, C, Richardson, S, Rastogi, K & Plivelic, T, 2016, Control of Nanomaterial Self-Assembly in Ultrasonically Levitated Droplets. Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, vol 7., pp. 1341-1345
- Bennett, N, Seddon, AM, Hallett, JE, Kockelmann, W, Ting, VP, Sadasivan, S, Tooze, RP & Hall, SR, 2015, Mesoporous tertiary oxides via a novel amphiphilic approach. APL Materials, vol 4.
- Bell, OA, Wu, G, Haataja, JS, Broemmel, F, Fey, N, Seddon, AM, Harniman, RL, Richardson, RM, Ikkala, O, Zhang, X & Faul, CFJ, 2015, Self-assembly of a functional oligo(aniline)-based amphiphile into helical conductive nanowires. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 137., pp. 14288?14294
- Armstrong, JPK, Shakur, R, Horne, JP, Dickinson, SC, Armstrong, CT, Lau, K, Kadiwala, J, Lowe, R, Seddon, A, Mann, S, Anderson, JLR, Perriman, AW & Hollander, AP, 2015, Artificial membrane-binding proteins stimulate oxygenation of stem cells during engineering of large cartilage tissue. Nature Communications, vol 6., pp. 7405
Edit this profile If you are Dr Annela Seddon, you can edit this page. Login required.