Browse/search for people
Dr Annela Seddon
Dr Annela Seddon
Senior Lecturer and Director of the Bristol Centre for Functional Nanomaterials
My areas of expertise include the fabrication of materials on the nanoscale, in particular, materials influenced by biology and nature.
I am interested in the interplay between the scientific disciplines and work incorporating techniques and ideas from physics and chemistry to understand biological problems.
In particular, I use techniques such as x-ray scattering to look at small scale structures and am developing new techniques for fluid handling which can again be applied to biological systems.
- interdisciplinary research
- Carreira, SC, Spencer, J, Schwarzacher, W & Seddon, A, 2016, Cationized magnetoferritin enables rapid labeling and concentration of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria in MACS columns. Applied and Environmental Microbiology.
- Seddon, A, Squires, A, Pfrang, C, Richardson, S, Rastogi, K & Plivelic, T, 2016, Control of Nanomaterial Self-Assembly in Ultrasonically Levitated Droplets. Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, vol 7., pp. 1341-1345
- Carreira, SC, Armstrong, J, Perriman, A, Hartley-Davies, R, Seddon, A & Schwarzacher, W, 2016, Ultra-fast stem cell labelling using cationised magnetoferritin. Nanoscale, vol 8., pp. 7474-7483
- Bennett, N, Seddon, AM, Hallett, JE, Kockelmann, W, Ting, VP, Sadasivan, S, Tooze, RP & Hall, SR, 2016, Mesoporous tertiary oxides via a novel amphiphilic approach. APL Materials, vol 4.
- Armstrong, JPK, Shakur, R, Horne, JP, Dickinson, SC, Armstrong, CT, Lau, K, Kadiwala, J, Lowe, R, Seddon, A, Mann, S, Anderson, JLR, Perriman, AW & Hollander, AP, 2015, Artificial membrane-binding proteins stimulate oxygenation of stem cells during engineering of large cartilage tissue. Nature Communications, vol 6., pp. 7405
- Bell, OA, Wu, G, Haataja, JS, Broemmel, F, Fey, N, Seddon, AM, Harniman, RL, Richardson, RM, Ikkala, O, Zhang, X & Faul, CFJ, 2015, Self-assembly of a functional oligo(aniline)-based amphiphile into helical conductive nanowires. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 137., pp. 14288?14294
- Tang, TD, Seddon, AM, Jeworrek, C, Winter, R, Ces, O, Seddon, JM & Templer, RH, 2014, The effects of pressure and temperature on the energetics and pivotal surface in a monoacylglycerol/water gyroid inverse bicontinuous cubic phase. Soft Matter (The Royal Society of Chemistry), vol 10., pp. 3009-3015
- Smith, D, Woods, C, Seddon, A & Hoerber, H, 2014, Photophoretic separation of single-walled carbon nanotubes: A novel approach to selective chiral sorting. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol 16., pp. 5221-5228
- Daynes, S, Grisdale, A, Seddon, A & Trask, R, 2014, Morphing structures using soft polymers for active deployment. Smart Materials and Structures, vol 23.
- Gent, IO, Seddon, AM, Roberts, NW & Trask, RS, 2014, Polychromatic composite films for adaptive camouflage. in: ASME 2014 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems, SMASIS 2014. Web Portal ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
Edit this profile If you are Dr Annela Seddon, you can edit this page. Login required.