Browse/search for people
Dr Annela Seddon
Dr Annela Seddon
Graduate Teaching and Research Fellow
My areas of expertise include the fabrication of materials on the nanoscale, in particular, materials influenced by biology and nature.
I am interested in the interplay between the scientific disciplines and work incorporating techniques and ideas from physics and chemistry to understand biological problems.
In particular, I use techniques such as x-ray scattering to look at small scale structures and am developing new techniques for fluid handling which can again be applied to biological systems.
- interdisciplinary research
School of Physics
- Tang, TD, Seddon, AM, Jeworrek, C, Winter, R, Ces, O, Seddon, JM & Templer, RH 2014, The effects of pressure and temperature on the energetics and pivotal surface in a monoacylglycerol/water gyroid inverse bicontinuous cubic phase. Soft Matter (The Royal Society of Chemistry), vol 10., pp. 3009-3015
- Gent, IO, Seddon, AM, Roberts, NW & Trask, RS 2014, Polychromatic composite films for adaptive camouflage. in: ASME 2014 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems, SMASIS 2014. Web Portal ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- Daynes, S, Grisdale, A, Seddon, A & Trask, R 2014, Morphing structures using soft polymers for active deployment. Smart Materials and Structures, vol 23.
- Seddon, AM, Hallett, J, Beddoes, C, Plivelic, TS & Squires, AM 2014, Experimental Confirmation of Transformation Pathways between Inverse Double Diamond and Gyroid Cubic Phases. Langmuir, vol 30., pp. 5705-10
- Squires, A, Hallett, J, Beddoes, CM, Plivelic, TS & Seddon, AM 2013, Preparation of Films of a Highly Aligned Lipid Cubic Phase. Langmuir, vol 29., pp. 1726
- Furse, S, Brooks, NJ, Seddon, AM, Woscholski, R, Templer, RH, Tate, EW, Gaffney, PRJ & Ces, O 2012, Lipid membrane curvature induced by distearoyl phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate. Soft Matter, vol 8., pp. 3090-3093
- Seddon, A, Lotze, G, Plivelic, T & Squires, A 2011, A Highly Oriented Cubic Phase Formed by Lipids under Shear. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 133., pp. 13860 - 13863
- Kulkarni, C, Seddon, A, Ces, O & Templer, R 2010, Evidence that membrane curvature distorts the tertiary structure of bacteriorhodopsin. Soft Matter, vol 6., pp. 4339 - 4341
- Kulkarni, C, Tang, T, Seddon, A, Seddon, J, Ces, O & Templer, R 2010, Engineering bicontinuous cubic structures at the nanoscale-the role of chain splay. Soft Matter, vol 6., pp. 3191 - 3194
- Seddon, A, Casey, D, Law, R, Gee, A, Templer, R & Ces, O 2009, Drug interactions with lipid membranes. Chemical Society Reviews, vol 38., pp. 2509 - 2519
Edit this profile If you are Dr Annela Seddon, you can edit this page. Login required.