My expertise is in viral associations with human cancers and the induction of therapeutic and prophylactic immune responses. In particular, I have been developing recombinant vaccines and vaccine adjuvants to prevent and/or treat human cancers associated with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection.
Expertise key words
- K., S, E., O, K., M, Finerty, S, Morgan, A & A., A 2012, Epstein-Barr virus neutralizing antibody levels and risk of multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis Journal.
- Ondondo, B, Morgan, A, Williams, N, Faulkner, L & Morgan, D 2012, The B subunit of E. coli helps control the in vivo growth of solid tumors expressing the Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 2A. Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy.
- Rogers, V, Finn, A & Morgan, A 2011, Epstein Barr Virus (infectious mononucleosis). in: Mike Sharland, Andrew Cant, Delane Shingadia, E Graham Davies (eds) Manual of Childhood Infections - Blue Book. Oxford University Press, pp. 515 - 518
- Morgan, A & Poland, G 2011, The Jenner Society and the Edward Jenner Museum: Tributes to a physician-scientist. Vaccine, vol 29., pp. D152 - D154
- Morgan, A 2011, The BSI and Vaccination. British Society for Immunology
- G., P & Morgan, A 2010, The Jenner Society: A New Academic Society for vaccinologists. Vaccine, vol 28., pp. 4439 - 4439
- Lesley, R, Jane, TE, Morgan, A, David, CW, Finerty, S, A., OT, Karen, O, Collin, R, J., SS, C., SR, K., TM, Wilson, A, M., MJ, L., AP & M., SN 2009, A Phase I Trial of Epstein-Barr Virus Gp350 Vaccine for Children With Chronic Kidney Disease Awaiting Transplantation. Transplantation, vol 88., pp. 1025 - 1029
- Morgan, A 2008, Prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines against Epstein-Barr virus and its associated cancers.
- Morgan, A & Parker, S 2007, Translational Mini-Review Series on Vaccines: The Edward Jenner Museum and the history of vaccination. Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol 147 (3)., pp. 389 - 394
- MacArthur, G, Wilson, A, Birchall, M & Morgan, A 2007, Primary CD4+ T-Cell Responses Provide both Helper and Cytotoxic Functions during Epstein-Barr Virus Infection and Transformation of Fetal Cord Blood B Cells. Journal of Virology, vol 81 (9)., pp. 4766 - 4775
Full publications list in the University of Bristol publications system