Browse/search for people
Dr Liz Bagshaw
Dr Liz Bagshaw
Development and testing of novel techniques for monitoring meltwater processes in the glacial environment, including:
1. Development and validation of first generation chemical sensors for icy ecosystems (DELVE)
2. Field testing a 'cryoegg' for transmitting data from subglacial environments
3. Electronic Tracers for measuring water pressure beneath the Greenland Ice Sheet (ETracers)
4. Fibre optic sensing of biogeochemical activity in cryoconite holes on glaciers in Greenland and Antarctica
- Glacier melt
- biogeochemical sensing
- Chandler, DM, Wadham, JL, Lis, GP, Cowton, T, Sole, A, Bartholomew, I, Telling, J, Nienow, P, Bagshaw, EB, Mair, D, Vinen, S & Hubbard, A 2013, Evolution of the subglacial drainage system beneath the Greenland Ice Sheet revealed by tracers. Nature Geoscience, vol 6., pp. 195-198
- Stanish, L, Bagshaw, EA, McKnight, D, Fountain, A & Tranter, M 2013, Environmental factors influencing diatom communities in Antarctic cryoconite holes. Environ. Res. Lett, vol 8.
- Bagshaw, EA, Tranter, M, Fountain, A, Welch, K, Basagic, H & Lyons, WB 2013, Do cryoconite holes have the potential to be significant sources of C, N and P to downstream depauperate ecosystems of Taylor Valley, Antarctica?. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research.
- Bagshaw, EA, Burrow, SG, Wadham, JL, Bowden, JA, Lishman, BSR, Salter, M, Barnes, R & Nienow, P 2012, E-tracers: Development of a low cost wireless technique for exploring sub-surface hydrological systems. Hydrological Processes, vol 26., pp. 3157?3160
- Bagshaw, EA, Wadham, JL, Burrow, SG, Lishman, BSR, Chandler, DM & Bowden, JA 2012, Novel wireless sensing methods for sub-ice applications. in: AGU fall meeting. C13E-0674.
- Bagshaw, E, Stibal, M, Anesio, A, Bellas, C, Tranter, M, Telling, J & Wadham, J 2012, Life in the cold: Glacier surface habitats. in: E Bell (eds) Life at extremes. Scottish Association for Marine Science
- Bagshaw, E, Cockell, CS, Magan, N, Wadham, J, Venugopalan, T, Sun, T, Mowlem, M & Croxford, A 2011, The Microbial Habitability of Weathered Volcanic Glass Inferred from Continuous Sensing Techniques. Astrobiology, vol 11., pp. 651 - 664
- Bagshaw, E, Wadham, J, Burrow, S, Mowlem, M, Tranter, M, Fountain, AG & Butler, C 2011, Automated monitoring of hydrochemistry above and below glaciers. in: C H Tijm-Reijmer, J Oerlemans (eds) Workshop on the use of automatic measuring systems on glaciers: Extended abstracts and recommendations. IASC IMAU, pp. 13 - 17
- C., C, Bagshaw, E, M., B, P., D, C.P., M, K., M, D., P, M.J., S, Tranter, M, M., V & Wadham, J 2011, Subglacial Environments and the Search for Life Beyond the Earth. Geophysical Monograph Series, vol 192., pp. 111 - 127
- Bagshaw, E, Tranter, M, Wadham, J, Fountain, A & Mowlem, M 2011, High resolution monitoring reveals dissolved oxygen dynamics in an Antarctic cryoconite hole. Hydrological Processes, vol 25., pp. 2868 - 2877
Edit this profile If you are Dr Liz Bagshaw, you can edit this page. Login required.