Browse/search for people
Dr Liz Bagshaw
Dr Liz Bagshaw
Development and testing of novel techniques for monitoring meltwater processes in the glacial environment, including:
1. Electronic Tracers for measuring water pressure beneath the Greenland Ice Sheet (ETracers)
2. Fibre optic sensing of biogeochemical activity in cryoconite holes on glaciers in Greenland and Antarctica
3. Development and testing of a 'Cryoegg' to retrieve data from beneath ice sheets
4. Testing and optimisation of new sensors for measuring biogeochemical parameters in extreme environments (DELVE)
- Glacier melt
- biogeochemical sensing
- Bagshaw, EA, Lishman, BSR, Wadham, JL, Bowden, JA, Burrow, SG, Clare, LR & Chandler, DM 2014, Novel wireless sensors for in situ measurement of sub-ice hydrologic systems. Annals of Glaciology, vol 55.
- Chandler, DM, Wadham, JL, Lis, GP, Cowton, T, Sole, A, Bartholomew, I, Telling, J, Nienow, P, Bagshaw, EB, Mair, D, Vinen, S & Hubbard, A 2013, Evolution of the subglacial drainage system beneath the Greenland Ice Sheet revealed by tracers. Nature Geoscience, vol 6., pp. 195-198
- Bagshaw, EA, Tranter, M, Fountain, AG, Welch, K, Basagic, HJ & Lyons, WB 2013, Do Cryoconite Holes Have the Potential to be Significant Sources of C, N, and P to Downstream Depauperate. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research, vol 45., pp. 440-454
- Bagshaw, EA, Tranter, M, Fountain, A, Welch, K, Basagic, H & Lyons, WB 2013, Do cryoconite holes have the potential to be significant sources of C, N and P to downstream depauperate ecosystems of Taylor Valley, Antarctica?. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research.
- Stanish, L, Bagshaw, EA, McKnight, D, Fountain, A & Tranter, M 2013, Environmental factors influencing diatom communities in Antarctic cryoconite holes. Environ. Res. Lett, vol 8.
- Bagshaw, E, Stibal, M, Anesio, A, Bellas, CM, Tranter, M, Telling, J & Wadham, J 2012, Life in the cold: Glacier surface habitats. in: E Bell (eds) Life at extremes. Scottish Association for Marine Science
- Bagshaw, EA, Wadham, JL, Burrow, SG, Lishman, BSR, Chandler, DM & Bowden, JA 2012, Novel wireless sensing methods for sub-ice applications. in: AGU fall meeting. C13E-0674.
- Bagshaw, EA, Burrow, SG, Wadham, JL, Bowden, JA, Lishman, BSR, Salter, M, Barnes, R & Nienow, P 2012, E-tracers: Development of a low cost wireless technique for exploring sub-surface hydrological systems. Hydrological Processes, vol 26., pp. 3157?3160
- Bagshaw, E, Cockell, CS, Magan, N, Wadham, J, Venugopalan, T, Sun, T, Mowlem, M & Croxford, A 2011, The Microbial Habitability of Weathered Volcanic Glass Inferred from Continuous Sensing Techniques. Astrobiology, vol 11., pp. 651 - 664
- Bagshaw, E, Wadham, J, Burrow, S, Mowlem, M, Tranter, M, Fountain, AG & Butler, C 2011, Automated monitoring of hydrochemistry above and below glaciers. in: C H Tijm-Reijmer, J Oerlemans (eds) Workshop on the use of automatic measuring systems on glaciers: Extended abstracts and recommendations. IASC IMAU, pp. 13 - 17
Edit this profile If you are Dr Liz Bagshaw, you can edit this page. Login required.