Browse/search for people
Dr Christopher Deeming
Dr Christopher Deeming
ESRC Senior Research Fellow
BScHons(Bath), MA(Brunel), PhD(Bristol)
I am interested in Political Sociology and Comparative Social Policy (particularly welfare, wellbeing and political economy). I have a degree in Sociology from the University of Bath and a PhD in Social Policy from the University of Bristol.
Previously based at the University of London and the University of New South Wales, Australia. I am the Book Reviews Editor for the Journal of Social Policy published by Cambridge University Press.
- Deeming, C & Smyth, P 2014, Social Investment After Neoliberalism: Policy Paradigms and Political Platforms. Journal of Social Policy.
- Deeming, C 2014, Foundations of the Workfare State: Reflections on the Political Transformation of the Welfare State in Britain. Social Policy & Administration.
- Deeming, C 2014, Social Democracy and Social Policy in Neoliberal Times. Journal of Sociology., pp. 1-24
- Deeming, C 2013, Addressing the Social Determinants of Subjective Wellbeing: The Latest Challenge for Social Policy?. Journal of Social Policy, vol 42., pp. 541-565
- Deeming, C 2013, The Working Class and Welfare: Francis G. Castles on the Political Development of the Welfare State in Australia and New Zealand Thirty Years On. Social Policy & Administration, vol 47., pp. 668?691
- Deeming, C & Hayes, D 2012, Worlds of Welfare Capitalism and Wellbeing: A Multilevel Analysis. Journal of Social Policy, vol 41., pp. 811-829
- Deeming, C 2013, Trials and Tribulations: The 'Use' (and 'Misuse') of Evidence in Public Policy. Social Policy & Administration, vol 47., pp. 359-381
- Deeming, C 2011, Determining Minimum Standards of Living: Methodological Issues. Journal of Sociology, vol 47., pp. 17-34
- Deeming, C 2011, Food and Nutrition Security at Risk in the United Kingdom. Journal of Social Policy, vol 40., pp. 471-492
- Deeming, C 2010, The Historical Development of Family Budget Standards in Britain, from the 17th Century to the Present. Social Policy & Administration, vol 44., pp. 765-788
- Deeming, C & Gubhaju, B 2014, The mis-measurement of extreme global poverty: A case study in the Pacific Islands. Journal of Sociology.
- Saunders, P & Deeming, C 2011, The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Australian Social Policy in Historical Perspective. Social Policy & Administration, vol 45., pp. 371-388
Read more >
Dr Deeming currently teaches 1 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Dr Christopher Deeming, you can edit this page. Login required.