Browse/search for people
Professor Bruce Hood
Professor Bruce Hood
Professor of Developmental Psychology in Society
MA, MPhil(Dund), PhD(Cantab)
Area of research
My research interests include:
- Cognitive development from a neuroscience perspective.
- Face and gaze processing.
- Inhibitory control of thoughts and actions.
- Spatial representation and action.
- Naïve theories.
- The origin of adult magical reasoning from children’s natural intuitions.
- The Immortality Project (2013-2015): Relationship between Mind-Body Dualism & Belief in the After-Life
PHD students supervised
- Year 1 Developmental Psychology
- Year 2 Developmental Psychology
- Hood, BM, Gjersoe, NL & Bloom, P 2012, Do children think that duplicating the body also duplicates the mind?. Cognition, vol 125., pp. 466-474
- Nurmsoo, ED, Einav, S & Hood, BM 2012, Best friends: children use mutual gaze to identify friendships in others. Developmental Science, vol 15., pp. 417-425
- Pellicano, E, Smith, A, Cristino, F, Hood, B, Briscoe, J & Gilchrist, I 2011, Reply to Nemeth and Janacsek: Children with autism learn to search differently in a large-scale context. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol 108., pp. 421 - 426
- Kanngiesser, P, Santos, L, Hood, B & Call, J 2011, The limits of endowment effects in great apes (Pan paniscus, Pan troglodytes, Gorilla gorilla, Pongo pygmaeus). Journal of Comparative Psychology, vol 125., pp. 436 - 445
- Pellicano, E, Smith, A, Cristino, F, Hood, B, Briscoe, J & Gilchrist, I 2011, Children with autism are neither systematic nor optimal foragers. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol 108., pp. 421 - 426
- Hood, BM, Gjersoe, NL, Donnelly, KE, Byers, A & Itakura, S 2011, Moral contagion attitudes towards potential organ transplants in british and japanese adults. Journal of Cognition and Culture, vol 11., pp. 269-286
- Lindeman, M, Riekki, T & Hood, BM 2011, Is weaker inhibition associated with supernatural beliefs?. Journal of Cognition and Culture, vol 11., pp. 231-239
- Smith, A, Hood, B & Gilchrist, I 2010, Probabilistic cueing in large-scale environmental search. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory & Cognition, vol 36., pp. 605 - 618
- Kanngiesser, P, Gjersoe, N & Hood, B 2010, The effect of creative labor on property-ownership transfer by preschool children and adults. Psychological Science, vol 21., pp. 1236 - 1241
- Baker, S, Gjersoe, N, Sibielska-Woch, K, Leslie, A & Hood, B 2010, Inhibitory control interacts with core knowledge in toddlers’ manual search for an occluded object. Developmental Science, vol 14., pp. 270 - 279
Edit this profile If you are Professor Bruce Hood, you can edit this page. Login required.