Browse/search for people
Mr Wouter Berghuijs
Mr Wouter Berghuijs
Civil Engineering (PhD)
Area of research
Catchment classification, similarity and global hydrology
Wouter Berghuijs graduated from the Delft University of Technology with degrees in Civil Engineering (BSc) and Hydrology (MSc, with Honours). During his MSc Wouter has spent three Months at the University of Illinous to work with Murugesu Sivapalan. Additionally, he has spent three months at the University of Bristol to work with Ross Woods as part of his MSc thesis.
Beside his PhD research Wouter serves as the current Young Scientist Representative for the European Gesciences Union Hydrology Division is co-founder and chairman of the Young Hydrologic Society (www.younghs.com).
- Water Resources Management
- Kormos, PR, Luce, CH, Wenger, SJ & Berghuijs, WR, 2016, Trends and sensitivities of low streamflow extremes to discharge timing and magnitude in Pacific Northwest mountain streams. Water Resources Research, vol 52., pp. 4990?5007
- Hilgersom, K, Van Emmerik, T, Solcerova, A, Berghuijs, W, Selker, J & Giesen, NVd, 2016, Practical considerations for enhanced-resolution coil-wrapped Distributed Temperature Sensing. Geoscientific Instrumentation, Methods and Data Systems, vol 5., pp. 151-162
- Berghuijs, W & Woods, R, 2016, Correspondence: Space-time asymmetry undermines water yield assessment. Nature Communications.
- Berghuijs, WR, Hartmann, AJ & Woods, R, 2016, Streamflow sensitivity to water storage changes across Europe. Geophysical Research Letters, vol 43., pp. 1980-1987
- Berghuijs, W, Woods, R, Hutton, C & Sivapalan, M, 2016, Dominant flood generating mechanisms across the United States. Geophysical Research Letters, vol 43., pp. 4382?4390
- Berghuijs, WR & Woods, R, 2015, A simple framework to quantitatively describe monthly precipitation and temperature climatology. International Journal of Climatology, vol 36., pp. 3161?3174
- Berghuijs, W, Harrigan, S, Kipnis, E, Dogulu, N, Floriancic, M, Müller, H, Pohle, I, Saia, S, Sedlar, F, Smoorenburg, M, Teutschbein, C & van Emmerik, T, 2015, Creating Community for Early-Career Geoscientists: Student involvement in geoscience unions: A case study from hydrology. Eos, vol 96.
- Berghuijs, WR, Sivapalan, M, Woods, RA & Savenije, HHG, 2014, Patterns of similarity of seasonal water balances: A window into streamflow variability over a range of time scales. Water Resources Research, vol 50., pp. 5638-5661
- Berghuijs, WR, Woods, RA & Hrachowitz, M, 2014, A precipitation shift from snow towards rain leads to a decrease in streamflow. Nature Climate Change, vol 4., pp. 583-586
Edit this profile If you are Mr Wouter Berghuijs, you can edit this page. Login required.