Browse/search for people
Professor Stuart Burgess
Professor Stuart Burgess
Professor of Engineering Design
BSc, PhD(Brun), CEng, FIMechE
Area of research
Design of mechanical systems
Efficiency modelling of mechanical systems including: structures, mechanisms, buildings and transport systems. Design and optimisation of robotic joints and limbs. Bio-inspired design and optimisation of engineering systems,
CURRENT POST GRADUATE STUDENTS:
- Efficiency modelling
- Design optimisation
- Bio-inspired design
- Tien, TN, Khan, SG, Edwards, C, Herrmann, G, Picco, LM, Harniman, RL, Burgess, SC, Antognozzi, M & Miles, MJ 2013, Estimation of the Shear Force in Transverse Dynamic Force Microscopy Using a Sliding Mode Observer. in: Proceedings of the 2013 American Control Conference.
- Raabe, D, Harrison, A, Ireland, A, Alemzadeh, K, Sandy, J, Dogramadzi, S, Melhuish, C & Burgess, S 2012, Improved single- and multi-contact life-time testing of dental restorative materials using key characteristics of the human masticatory system and a force/position-controlled robotic dental wear simulator. Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, vol 7., pp. 1 - 17
- Gibbons, PM, Kennedy, C, Burgess, SC & Godfrey, PS 2012, The Development of a Value Improvement Model for Repetitive Processes (VIM): Combining Lean, Six Sigma & Systems Thinking. International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, vol 3., pp. 315
- Evins, RP, Pointer, P & Burgess, SC 2012, Multi-objective optimisation of a modular building for different climate types.
- Evins, RP, Pointer, P & Burgess, SC 2012, Visual data exploration in sustainable building design.
- Burgess, SC, Ling, CS & Pyper, T 2012, A linear actuated chain test rig capable of accelerated test speeds and continuous wear measurements. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, vol 226.
- Boxerbaum, A, Klein, A, Kline, J, Burgess, SC, Quinn, R, Harkins, R & Vaidyanathan, R 2012, Design, Simulation, Fabrication and Testing of a Bio-Inspired Amphibious Robot with Multiple Modes of Mobility. Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, vol 24., pp. 629
- Etoundi, AC, Vaidyanathan, R & Burgess, SC 2012, A bio-inspired condylar knee joint for leg amputees and for knee implants., pp. 23-34
- Burgess, S 2012, A backwards design process for Mechanical Conceptual Design. Journal of Mechanical Design, ASME, vol 134., pp. 1 - 10
- Gibbons, P, Burgess, S, Kennedy, C & Godfrey, P 2012, Lean thinking: developing a theory of an eighth waste. International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, vol 3., pp. 4 - 27
Edit this profile If you are Professor Stuart Burgess, you can edit this page. Login required.