Browse/search for people
Dr Nathan Lepora
Dr Nathan Lepora
BA(Cantab), MMath(Cantab), PhD(Cantab)
Area of research
Robotics and computational neuroscience
I am Lecturer and MSc Programme Director in the Department of Engineering Mathematics. I am also affiliated with the Bristol Robotics Laboratory.
PhD - Theoretical Physics, Cambridge University
MMath (Part III) - Mathematics, Cambridge University
BA - Mathematics, Kings College, Cambridge University
JRF - Theoretical Physics, Cambridge University
RF/RA - Robotics & Neuroscience, Sheffield University
I have also worked as a commissioned author
Program Director for the MSc in Robotics.
- Robot and animal perception. Artificial and natural decision making. Biomimetics.
- Lepora, NF, 2016, Biomimetic Active Touch with Fingertips and Whiskers. IEEE Transactions on Haptics, vol 9., pp. 170-183
- Cramphorn, LP, Ward-Cherrier, B & Lepora, NF, 2016, Tactile manipulation with biomimetic active touch. in: Proceedings of 2016 IEEE international Conference on Robotics and Automation. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), pp. 123-129
- Caballero, JA, Lepora, NF & Gurney, KN, 2015, Probabilistic Decision Making with Spikes: From ISI Distributions to Behaviour via Information Gain. PLoS ONE, vol 10.
- Martinez-Hernandez, U, Lepora, NF & Prescott, TJ, 2015, Active control for object perception and exploration with a robotic hand. in: Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag, pp. 415-428
- Martinez-Hernandez, U, Lepora, NF & Prescott, TJ, 2015, Active haptic shape recognition by intrinsic motivation with a robot hand. in: IEEE World Haptics Conference, WHC 2015. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.(IEEE), pp. 299-304
- Lepora, NF & Ward-Cherrier, B, 2015, Superresolution with an optical tactile sensor. in: IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.(IEEE), pp. 2686-2691
- Lepora, N & Ward-Cherrier, B, 2015, Tactile quality control with biomimetic active touch. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol 1., pp. 646-652
- Lepora, NF, 2015, Tactile superresolution and biomimetic hyperacuity. IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol 31., pp. 605-618
- Calluso, C, Committeri, G, Pezzulo, G, Lepora, N & Tosoni, A, 2015, Analysis of hand kinematics reveals inter-individual differences in intertemporal decision dynamics. Experimental brain research, vol 233., pp. 3597-611
- Lepora, N & Pezzulo, G, 2015, Embodied Choice: How Action Influences Perceptual Decision Making. PLoS Computational Biology, vol 11., pp. 1-22
Dr Lepora currently teaches 2 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Dr Nathan Lepora, you can edit this page. Login required.