Browse/search for groups
Centre for Mind and Brain in Educational and Social Contexts (M-BESC)
The following people are in this group:
More about this group
The centre aims to develop our understanding of learning and interaction in educational and social contexts by:
- Drawing upon, and extending, concepts and techniques situated in the study of mind and brain.
- Interrelating this understanding with insights about human interaction and learning derived from other perspectives.
Questions characterising the broad aims and perspectives of M-BESC include:
- How should insights from psychology and neuroscience be used to inform policy decisions (e.g. curriculum and when to invest; how to best target social and educational interventions)?
- How can understanding from neuroscience and psychology be used to develop new pedagogical approaches (e.g. the teaching of early mathematics, the fostering of creativity, the development of social and emotional skills)?
- How can understanding from psychology and neuroscience be used to improve student engagement, aspiration, and attainment?
- How might education benefit from combining advances in digital technology with insights about the brain and mind?
- How might psychology and neuroscience help conceptualize learning difficulties, and inform the support of learners with difficulties, their parents, and teachers?
- How can psychology and neuroscience inform the practice of all professionals supporting young people, across the domains of education, youth services, health, social care, the voluntary sector and other agencies.
More details ...