Browse/search for people
Dr Paul Howard-Jones
Dr Paul Howard-Jones
Reader in Neuroscience and Education
BSc(Manc), PhD(Exon), BSc, PGCE
Neuroscience and education, game-based learning and creativity.
Paul's particular area of interest is applying our understanding of cognition and neuroscience to enhance child and adult learning. His research explores the benefits offered to education by emerging technologies, aided by a critical consideration of underlying cognitive processes. For information and resources from the Neuroeducational Network (NEnet), go to www.neuroeducational.net
- neuroscience and education
- games (including computer games) and the brain
- creativity and the brain
- risk-based decision making and the brain
- educational technology and the brain
- Howard-Jones, P, Washbrook, E & Meadows, S 2012, Neuroscience and the timing of educational investment. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, vol 2., pp. S18-S29
- Howard-Jones, P, Demetriou, S, Bogacz, R, Yoo, J & Leonards, U 2011, Toward a Science of Learning Games. Mind, Brain, and Education, vol 5., pp. 33 - 41
- Howard-Jones, P 2011, From brain scan to lesson plan. The Psychologist, vol 24 (2)., pp. 110 - 113
- Howard-Jones, P & Fenton, K 2011, The Need for Interdisciplinary Dialogue in Developing Ethical Approaches to Neuroeducational Research. Neuroethics.
- Howard-Jones, P 2011, The impact of digital technologies on human well-being. Nominet Trust
- Howard-Jones, P 2011, A Multiperspective Approach to Neuro-educational Research. Educational Philosophy and Theory, vol 43 (1)., pp. 24 - 30
- Howard-Jones, P, Bogacz, R, H., YJ, Leonards, U & Demetriou, S 2010, The neural mechanisms of learning from competitors. Neuroimage, vol 53., pp. 790 - 799
- Howard-Jones, P 2010, Neuroscience, learning and technology (14-19). Becta
- Howard-Jones, P 2010, Philosophical challenges for researchers at the interface between neuroscience and education. Philosophy of Education, vol 42., pp. 361 - 380
- Howard-Jones, P 2010, The Teacher's Handbook of Twig: Minds, Brains and Teaching With Immersive Gaming. Lulu
Edit this profile If you are Dr Paul Howard-Jones, you can edit this page. Login required.