Browse/search for people
Professor Willy Aspinall
Professor Willy Aspinall
Cabot Professor in Natural Hazards and Risk Science
BSc, PhD(Durham), CSci, CGeol
Volcanology and seismology, and the formalised use of expert judgement in decision-making for low probability / high consequence events in circumstances of scientific or engineering uncertainty. Probabilistic assessment of earthquake and volcanic hazards and risks.
- earthquake assessment
- Goda, K, Aspinall, WP & Taylor, C 2013, Seismic Hazard Analysis for the UK: Sensitivity to Spatial Seismicity Modelling and Ground Motion Prediction Equations. Seismological Research Letters, vol 84., pp. 112-129
- Hincks, TK, Aspinall, WP, Sparks, RSJ, Holcombe, EA & Kern, M 2013, Landslide and avalanche hazard. in: Jonathan Rougier, RSJ Sparks, L Hill (eds) Risk and Uncertainty Assessment of Natural Hazards. Cambridge University Press, pp. 275-316
- Biggs, J, Ebmeier, SK, Aspinall, WP, Lu, Z, Pritchard, M, Sparks, RSJ & Mather, T 2013, Global link between deformation and volcanic eruption quantified by satellite imagery. Nature Communications.
- Hincks, TK, Aspinall, WP & Sparks, RSJ 2013, Tsunami hazard and risk. in: Jonathan Rougier, RSJ Sparks, L Hill (eds) Risk and Uncertainty Assessment of Natural Hazards., pp. 317-363
- Bamber, JL & Aspinall, W 2013, An expert judgement assessment of future sea level rise from the ice sheets. Nature Climate Change, vol 3., pp. 424-427
- Sparks, RSJ, Aspinall, WP, Crosweller, HS & Hincks, TK 2013, Risk and uncertainty assessment of volcanic hazards. in: Jonathan Rougier, RSJ Sparks, L Hill (eds) Risk and Uncertainty Assessment for Natural Hazards. Cambridge University Press, pp. 364-397
- Odbert, HM, Aspinall, WP, Sparks, RSJ & Sheldrake, TE 2013, Assessing volcano state from multi-parameter monitoring data streams and other evidence using Bayesian belief networks.
- Sparks, RSJ, Aspinall, WP, Chapman, N, Hill, B, Kerridge, D, Pooley, JK & Taylor, C 2013, Catastrophic impacts of natural hazards on technological facilities and infrastructure. in: Risk and Uncertainty Assessment of Natural Hazards. Cambridge University Press, pp. 445-479
- Odbert, HM & Aspinall, WP 2013, Using Bayesian Belief Networks to Assess Volcano State from Multiple Monitoring Timeseris and Other Evidence.
- Tyshenko, M, AlSaadany, S, Oraby, T, Darshan, S, Catford, A, Aspinall, WP, Cooke, R & Krewski, D 2012, Expert judgement and re-elicitation for prion disease risk uncertainties.. International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management, vol 16., pp. 48-77
Edit this profile If you are Professor Willy Aspinall, you can edit this page. Login required.