Browse/search for people
Professor Willy Aspinall
Professor Willy Aspinall
Cabot Professor in Natural Hazards and Risk Science
BSc, PhD(Durham), CSci, CGeol
Volcanology and seismology, and the formalised use of expert judgement in decision-making for low probability / high consequence events in circumstances of scientific or engineering uncertainty. Probabilistic assessment of earthquake and volcanic hazards and risks.
- earthquake assessment
- Bamber, JL & Aspinall, W 2013, An expert judgement assessment of future sea level rise from the ice sheets. Nature Climate Change, vol 3.
- Sparks, RSJ, Aspinall, WP, Crosweller, HS & Hincks, TK 2013, Uncertainty assessment of volcanic hazards. in: Jonathan Rougier, RSJ Sparks, L Hill (eds) Risk and Uncertainty Assessment of Natural Hazards. Cambridge University Press, pp. 364-397
- Goda, K, Aspinall, WP & Taylor, C 2013, Seismic hazard analysis for the U.K.: sensitivity to spatial seismicity modelling and ground motion prediction equations. Seismological Research Letters, vol 84., pp. 112-129
- Hincks, TK, Aspinall, WP, Sparks, RSJ, Holcombe, EA & Kern, M 2012, Landslide and avalanche hazard. in: Jonathan Rougier, RSJ Sparks, L Hill (eds) Risk and Uncertainty Assessment of Natural Hazards. Cambridge University Press, pp. 275-316
- Hincks, TK, Aspinall, WP & Sparks, RSJ 2012, Tsunami hazard and risk. in: Jonathan Rougier, RSJ Sparks, L Hill (eds) Risk and Uncertainty Assessment of Natural Hazards., pp. 317-363
- Sparks, RSJ, Aspinall, WP, Chapman, N, Hill, B, Kerridge, D, Pooley, JK & Taylor, C 2012, Catastrophic impacts of natural hazards on technological facilities and infrastructure. in: Risk and Uncertainty Assessment of Natural Hazards. Cambridge University Press, pp. 445-479
- Barsotti, BS, Andronico, D, Carlo, PD, P.J., Aspinall, W & Hincks, T 2011, Quantitative assessment of volcanic ash hazards for health and infrastructure at Mt. Etna (Italy) by numerical simulation. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, vol 192., pp. 85 - 96
- Flandoli, F, Giorgi, E, Aspinall, W & Neri, A 2011, Comparison of a new expert elicitation model with the Classical Model, equal weights and single experts, using a cross-validation technique. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol 96., pp. 1292 - 1310
- Latchman, J, Morgan, F, Aspinall, W & Gay, D 2011, Magnitude production imbalances and the present seismogenicity state of the San Andreas Fault system. Tectonophysics, vol 511., pp. 134 - 147
- Aspinall, W, M., A, Hincks, T, Mahony, S, Pooley, J, Nadim, ESF & Sparks, R 2011, Volcano Hazard and Exposure in Track II Countries and Risk Mitigation Measures - GFDRR Volcano Risk Study. The World Bank
Edit this profile If you are Professor Willy Aspinall, you can edit this page. Login required.