Browse/search for people
Professor Tim Elliott
Professor Tim Elliott
Area of research
Chemical evolution of the Earth
My research focuses on the chemical evolution of the Earth. As such I am interested in planetary formation and differentiation, sampling of the hidden Earth via melts, interaction of the deep and surface reservoirs and how this has influenced the terrestrial environment.
My tools of choice are dominantly isotopic, in tandem with elemental abundance measurements and judicious application of petrology and fieldwork. I have developed measurements of novel isotopic systems and am enthused by the new vistas of isotopic determination offered by plasma mass-spectrometry.
Level 2 fieldtrip to Spain
School of Earth Sciences
Earth Sciences staff
- Freymuth, H, Ivko, B, Gill, JB, Tamura, Y & Elliott, T, 2016, Thorium isotope evidence for melting of the mafic oceanic crust beneath the Izu arc. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol 186., pp. 49-70
- van Heck, HJ, Davies, JH, Elliott, T & Porcelli, D, 2016, Global scale modeling of melting and isotopic evolution of Earth’s mantle: melting modules for TERRA. Geoscience Model Development, vol 9., pp. 1399-1411
- Lai, YJ, von Strandmann, PAEP, Dohmen, R, Takazawa, E & Elliott, T, 2015, The influence of melt infiltration on the Li and Mg isotopic composition of the Horoman Peridotite Massif. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol 164., pp. 318-332
- Freymuth, H, Vils, F, Willbold, M, Taylor, RN & Elliott, T, 2015, Molybdenum mobility and isotopic fractionation during subduction at the Mariana arc. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol 432., pp. 176-186
- Bonsor, A, Leinhardt, ZM, Carter, PJ, Elliott, T, Walter, MJ & Stewart, ST, 2015, A collisional origin to Earth's non-chondritic composition?. Icarus, vol 247., pp. 291-300
- von Strandmann, PAEP, Dohmen, RG, Marschall, HR, Schumacher, JC & Elliott, T, 2015, Extreme magnesium isotope fractionation at outcrop scale records the mechanism and rate at which reaction fronts advance. Journal of Petrology, vol 56., pp. 33-58
- Jones, RE, Kirstein, LA, Kasemann, SA, Dhuime, B, Elliott, T, Litvak, VD, Alonso, R, Hinton, R & (EIMF), IMF(EIMF, 2015, Geodynamic controls on the contamination of Cenozoic arc magmas in the southern Central Andes: Insights from the O and Hf isotopic composition of zircon. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol 164., pp. 386-402
- von Strandmann, PAEP, Stüeken, EE, Elliott, T, Poulton, SW, Dehler, CM, Canfield, DE & Catling, DC, 2015, Selenium isotope evidence for progressive oxidation of the Neoproterozoic biosphere. Nature Communications, vol 6.
- Willbold, M, Mojzsis, SJ, Chen, H & Elliott, T, 2015, Tungsten isotope composition of the Acasta Gneiss Complex. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol 419., pp. 168-177
- Andersen, MB, Elliott, T, Freymuth, H, Sims, KWW, Niu, Y & Kelley, KA, 2015, The terrestrial uranium isotope cycle. Nature, vol 517., pp. 356-359
Professor Elliott currently teaches 2 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Professor Tim Elliott, you can edit this page. Login required.