Browse/search for people
Professor Tim Elliott
Professor Tim Elliott
My research focuses on the chemical evolution of the Earth. As such I am interested in planetary formation and differentiation, sampling of the hidden Earth via melts, interaction of the deep and surface reservoirs and how this has influenced the terrestrial environment.
My tools of choice are dominantly isotopic, in tandem with elemental abundance measurements and judicious application of petrology and fieldwork. I have developed measurements of novel isotopic systems and am enthused by the new vistas of isotopic determination offered by plasma mass-spectrometry.
- Martindale, M, Skora, SE, Pickles, J, Elliott, TR, Blundy, JD & Avanzinelli, R 2013, High-pressure phase relations of subducted volcaniclastic sediments from the west pacific and their implications for the geochemistry of Mariana arc magmas. Chemical Geology, vol 342., pp. 94
- Steele, RCJ, Coath, CD, Regelous, M, Russell, S & Elliott, T 2012, Neutron-poor nickel isotope anomalies in meteorites. The Astrophysical Journal, vol 758.
- Gao, Y, Cooper, K, Banerjee, N, Harris, M, Hoefs, J, Teagle, D, Casey, J, Elliott, T, Laverne, C, Alt, J & Muehlenbachs, K 2012, Downhole variation of lithium and oxygen isotopic compositions of oceanic crust at East Pacific Rise, ODP Site 1256. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, vol 13.
- Penniston-Dorland, S, Bebout, G, Strandmann, PPv, Elliott, T & Sorensen, S 2012, Lithium and its isotopes as tracers of subduction zone fluids and metasomatic processes: Evidence from the Catalina Schist, California, USA. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol 77., pp. 530 - 545
- Avanzinelli, R, Prytulak, J, Skora, SE, Heumann, A, Koetsier, G & Elliott, T 2012, Combined U-238-Th-230 and U-235-Pa-231 constraints on the transport of slab-derived material beneath the Mariana Islands. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol 92., pp. 308-328
- Willbold, M, Elliott, T & Moorbath, S 2011, The tungsten isotopic composition of the Earth's mantle before the terminal bombardment. Nature, vol 477., pp. 195 - 198
- Rae, J, Foster, G, Schmidt, D & Elliott, T 2011, Boron isotopes and B/Ca in benthic foraminifera: proxies for the deep ocean carbonate system. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol 302., pp. 403 - 413
- Strandmann, PAEPv, Elliott, T, Marschall, H, Coath, C, Lai, Y, Jeffcoate, A & Ionov, D 2011, Variations of Li and Mg isotope ratios in bulk chondrites and mantle xenoliths. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol 75., pp. 5247 - 5268
- Steele, R, Elliott, T, Coath, C & Regelous, M 2011, Confirmation of mass-independent Ni isotopic variability in iron meteorites. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol 75., pp. 7906 - 7925
- Ni, Y, Foster, G & Elliott, T 2010, The accuracy of δ11B measurements of foraminifers. Chemical Geology, vol 274., pp. 187 - 195
Edit this profile If you are Professor Tim Elliott, you can edit this page. Login required.