Browse/search for people
Dr Kenneth De Baets
Dr Kenneth De Baets
Area of research
Calibration of the evolutionary history of parasitic flatworms
Parasitic flatworms are a very diverse group of invertebrates which parasitize various vertebrate groups. Many of them are of biomedically or economically importance, but their deep evolutionary history is poorly understood. Most hypotheses rely on indirect evidences assuming coevolution/codivergence with their hosts as their fossil record is poorly understood, very incomplete and patchy. My recent project want to combine all possible information from the fossil record and genetic sequences to study their evolution in deep time and compare it with evolutionary timescale of their vertebrate hosts.
- molecular phylogenetics
- molecular clocks
- parasitic flatworms
- Clements, T, Colleary, C, De Baets, K & Vinther, J, 2016, Buoyancy mechanisms limit preservation of coleoid cephalopod soft tissues in Mesozoic Lagerstätten. Palaeontology.
- De Baets, K, Antonelli, A & Donoghue, P, 2016, Tectonic blocks and molecular clocks. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, vol 371.
- De Baets, K, Dentzien-Dias, P, Upeniece, I, Verneau, O & Donoghue, PCJ, 2015, Constraining the Deep Origin of Parasitic Flatworms and Host-Interactions with Fossil Evidence. Advances in Parasitology, vol 90., pp. 93-135
- De Baets, K, Klug, C & Monnet, C, 2013, Intraspecific variability through ontogeny in early ammonoids. Paleobiology, vol 39., pp. 75-94
- De Baets, K, Klug, C, Korn, D, Bartels, C & Poschmann, M, 2013, Emsian Ammonoidea and the age of the Hunsrück Slate (Rhenish Mountains, Western Germany). Palaeontographica abteilung a-Palaozoologie-Stratigraphie, vol 299., pp. 1-113
- De Baets, K, Klug, C, Korn, D & Landman, NH, 2012, EARLY EVOLUTIONARY TRENDS IN AMMONOID EMBRYONIC DEVELOPMENT. Evolution, vol 66., pp. 1788-1806
- Mariotti, N, Weis, R, Di Cencio, A, Clement, A & De Baets, K, 2012, New records of early Middle Jurassic belemnites in the French Subalpine Basin and their paleobiogeographic significance. Geobios, vol 45., pp. 99-108
- Monnet, C, De Baets, K & Klug, C, 2011, Parallel evolution controlled by adaptation and covariation in ammonoid cephalopods. BMC Evolutionary Biology, vol 11., pp. -
- Monnet, C, Klug, C, Goudemand, N, De Baets, K & Bucher, H, 2011, Quantitative biochronology of Devonian ammonoids from Morocco and proposals for a refined unitary association method. Lethaia, vol 44., pp. 469-489
- De Baets, K, Klug, C & Korn, D, 2011, Devonian pearls and ammonoid-endoparasite co-evolution. Acta Palaeontologica Polonica, vol 56., pp. 159-180
Dr De Baets currently teaches 1 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Dr Kenneth De Baets, you can edit this page. Login required.