Browse/search for people
Dr Edward Hornibrook
Dr Edward Hornibrook
Reader in Biogeochemistry
Edward Hornibrook is a stable isotope biogeochemist with a research specialism in biosphere-atmosphere exchange of trace gases that impact global climate. The broad focus of his research is carbon cycling in natural environments and more specifically, CH4 dynamics in terrestrial ecosystems, including peatlands, lakes, and soil.
- stable isotopes
- biosphere-atmosphere trace gas exchange
- Pangala, S, Moore, S, Hornibrook, ERC & Gauci, V 2013, Trees are major conduits for methane egress from tropical forested wetlands. New Phytologist, vol 197., pp. 524-531
- Parkes, R, Brock, F, Banning, N, Hornibrook, ERC, Roussel, E, Weightman, A & Fry, J 2012, Changes in methanogenic substrate utilization and communities with depth in a salt-marsh, creek sediment in southern England. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, vol 96., pp. 170-178
- Lim, KLH, Pancost, RD, Hornibrook, ERC, Maxfield, PJ & Evershed, RP 2012, Archaeol: an indicator of methanogenesis in water-saturated soils. Archaea.
- Lupascu, M, Wadham, JL, Hornibrook, ERC & Pancost, RD 2012, Temperature sensitivity of methane production in the permafrost active layer at Stordalen, Sweden: A comparison with non-permafrost northern wetlands. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research, vol 44., pp. 469-482
- Maxfield, PJ, Dildar, N, Hornibrook, ERC, Stott, A & Evershed, RP 2012, Stable isotope switching (SIS): a new stable isotope probing (SIP) approach to determine carbon flow in the soil food web and dynamics in organic matter pools. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol 26., pp. 997-1004
- Andersson, R, Meyers, P, Hornibrook, ERC, Kuhry, P & Mörth, M 2012, Elemental and isotopic carbon and nitrogen records of organic matter accumulation in a Holocene permafrost peat sequence in the East European Russian Arctic. Journal of Quaternary Science.
- Parkes, R, Linnane, C, Webster, G, Sass, H, Weightman, A, Hornibrook, E & Horsfield, B 2011, Prokaryotes stimulate mineral H2 formation for the deep biosphere and subsequent thermogenic activity. Geology, vol 39., pp. 219 - 222
- Pancost, R, McClymont, E, Bingham, E, Roberts, Z, Charman, D, Hornibrook, E, Blundell, A, Chambers, F, Lim, K & Evershed, R 2011, Archaeol as a methanogen biomarker in ombrotrophic bogs. Organic Geochemistry, vol 42., pp. 1279-1287
- Gauci, V, Gowing, D, Hornibrook, E, Davis, J & Dise, N 2010, Woody stem methane emission in mature wetland alder trees. Atmospheric Environment, vol 44., pp. 2157 - 2160
- Hornibrook, E & Aravena, R 2010, Isotopes and methane cycling. in: C M Aelion, R Aravena, P Höhener, D Hunkeler (eds) Environmental Isotopes in Bioremediation and Biodegradation. Taylor and Francis Group, pp. 167 - 201
Edit this profile If you are Dr Edward Hornibrook, you can edit this page. Login required.