Browse/search for people
Dr Edward Hornibrook
Dr Edward Hornibrook
Reader in Biogeochemistry
Edward Hornibrook is a stable isotope biogeochemist with research interests in carbon cycling in terrestrial environments and biosphere-atmosphere exchange of trace gases, in particular, CH4 dynamics in wetlands, lakes, and soil.
- stable isotopes
- biosphere-atmosphere trace gas exchange
School of Earth Sciences
Earth Sciences staff
- Pangala, S, Moore, S, Hornibrook, ERC & Gauci, V 2013, Trees are major conduits for methane egress from tropical forested wetlands. New Phytologist, vol 197., pp. 524-531
- Lupascu, M, Wadham, JL, Hornibrook, ERC & Pancost, RD 2012, Temperature sensitivity of methane production in the permafrost active layer at Stordalen, Sweden: A comparison with non-permafrost northern wetlands. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research, vol 44., pp. 469-482
- Lim, KLH, Pancost, RD, Hornibrook, ERC, Maxfield, PJ & Evershed, RP 2012, Archaeol: an indicator of methanogenesis in water-saturated soils. Archaea-An international microbiological journal.
- Maxfield, PJ, Dildar, N, Hornibrook, ERC, Stott, AW & Evershed, RP 2012, Stable isotope switching (SIS): a new stable isotope probing (SIP) approach to determine carbon flow in the soil food web and dynamics in organic matter pools. Rapid communications in mass spectrometry, vol 26., pp. 997-1004
- Maxfield, PJ, Dildar, N, Hornibrook, ERC, Stott, A & Evershed, RP 2012, Stable isotope switching (SIS): a new stable isotope probing (SIP) approach to determine carbon flow in the soil food web and dynamics in organic matter pools. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol 26., pp. 997-1004
- Parkes, R, Brock, F, Banning, N, Hornibrook, ERC, Roussel, E, Weightman, A & Fry, J 2012, Changes in methanogenic substrate utilization and communities with depth in a salt-marsh, creek sediment in southern England. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, vol 96., pp. 170-178
- Andersson, R, Meyers, P, Hornibrook, ERC, Kuhry, P & Mörth, M 2012, Elemental and isotopic carbon and nitrogen records of organic matter accumulation in a Holocene permafrost peat sequence in the East European Russian Arctic. Journal of Quaternary Science.
- Parkes, R, Linnane, C, Webster, G, Sass, H, Weightman, A, Hornibrook, E & Horsfield, B 2011, Prokaryotes stimulate mineral H2 formation for the deep biosphere and subsequent thermogenic activity. Geology, vol 39., pp. 219 - 222
- Pancost, R, McClymont, E, Bingham, E, Roberts, Z, Charman, D, Hornibrook, E, Blundell, A, Chambers, F, Lim, K & Evershed, R 2011, Archaeol as a methanogen biomarker in ombrotrophic bogs. Organic Geochemistry, vol 42., pp. 1279-1287
- Gauci, V, Gowing, D, Hornibrook, E, Davis, J & Dise, N 2010, Woody stem methane emission in mature wetland alder trees. Atmospheric Environment, vol 44., pp. 2157 - 2160
Dr Hornibrook currently teaches 4 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Dr Edward Hornibrook, you can edit this page. Login required.