Browse/search for people
Professor David Cahill
Professor David Cahill
Professor in Medical Education and Reproductive Medicine
MB,BCh, BAO (NUI) , MD(Bristol), FRCOG, FRCPI, FHEA
Through my research, I have developed interests in endometriosis, ovarian endocrinology and ovulation induction, as well as broader interests in the management of the infertile couple, and long-term follow-up. More recently I have collaborated with Dr Paddy Horner and colleagues in Imperial College London on studies into Chlamydia.
As the lead clinician for Reproductive Medicine, I am responsible for the clinical services provided for couples with infertility, recurrent miscarriage, psychosexual problems as well as women with distinct endocrine/hormonal disorders and menopausal problems.
As deputy director of medical education, I lead in the curriculum for undergraduate medicine on assessment, SSCs, elearning and have for the academic year 2008-2009 been the faculty lead for the inspection by the general medical council.
endometriosisovarian endocrinologyovulation inductioninfertilityreproductive medicinemiscarriagepsychosexual problems
- Cahill, DJ & O'Brien, K, 2015, Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): metformin. Clinical Evidence, vol 2015.
- Chamberlain, CA, Martin, R, Busby, J, Gilbert, R, Cahill, DJ & Hollingworth, W, 2013, Trends in procedures for infertility and caesarean sections: was NICE disinvestment guidance implemented?. BMC Public Health, vol 13., pp. 112
- Chamberlain, CA, Martin, RM, Busby, J, Gilbert, R, Cahill, DJ, Hollingworth, W & Gilbert, R, 2013, Trends in procedures for infertility and caesarean sections: was NICE disinvestment guidance implemented? NICE recommendation reminders. British Medical Council Public Health, vol 13.
- Vogiatzi, P, Chrelias, C, Cahill, DJ, Creatsa, M, Vrachnis, N, Iliodromiti, Z, Kassanos, D & Siristatidis, C, 2013, Hemizona assay and sperm penetration assay in the prediction of IVF outcome: a systematic review. BioMed research international, vol 2013., pp. 945825
- Hussain, M, El Hakim, E & Cahill, DJ, 2012, Progesterone supplementation in women with otherwise unexplained recurrent miscarriage. Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences , vol 5 (Sep - Dec 2012)., pp. 248-251
- Hussain, M, El-Hakim, S & Cahill, DJ, 2012, Progesterone supplementation in women with otherwise unexplained recurrent miscarriages. Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences , vol 5., pp. 248-51
- Hole, BD & Cahill, DJ, 2009, Assessing final-year medical students' potential as doctors: OSCEs, Final MB and MTAS. Medical Teacher, vol 31., pp. 872
- Cahill, DJ, Coulson, C, Crowley, T & jobson, n, 2008, Medical student views on teaching about sexual dysfunction. Medical Teacher., pp. 639
- Cahill, DJ, Crowley, T & Coulson, C, 2007, Survey of sexual dysfunction services in Bristol. International Journal of STD & AIDS, vol 18., pp. 250-252
- Garas, A, Akande, V & Cahill, D, 2006, The effect of diclofenac and paracetamol on pregnancy and implantation rates in infertile women undergoing IVF treatment. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol 26., pp. 785 - 787
Edit this profile If you are Professor David Cahill, you can edit this page. Login required.