Browse/search for people
Dr Avinash Patil
Dr Avinash Patil
BSc, MSc(PUNE), PhD(Bristol)
Research Interests include development of new"bottom-up" concepts and approaches to the controlled fabrication of hybrid nanomaterials with functions that can be integrated into range of applications such as catalysis, sensing, controlled drug release and nanocomposites.
- Inorganic encasing of single biomolecules and organic supramolecular assemblies (Nanoscale, 2013, 7, 7161; Angew. Chem. 2012, 51, 732; Nano Letters, 2007, 7, 2660)
- Desgning novel routes for the synthesis of functional inorganic materials (Adv. Mater., 2012, 24, 5767)
- Fabrication of organic-inorganic hybrid nanocomposites using layered materials (Chem.Phys.Chem., 2012, 13, 2956; Adv. Funct. Mater., 2010, 21, 674; Adv. Mater., 2009, 21, 3159; Adv. Mater., 2009, 21, 2180; J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 17, 3894)
- Soft hybrid materials (Chem.Comm., 2012, 48, 7934, Angew Chem., 2011, 50, 9343, Soft Matter, 2011, 18, 8120; Chem. Eur. J., 2012, 18, 6008)
School of Chemistry
Research areas and groups
- Singh, N, Chen, J, Koziol, K, Hallam, KR, Janas, D, Patil, A, Strachan, AJ, Hanley, J & Rahatekar, S, 2016, Chitin and carbon nanotube composites as biocompatible scaffolds for neuron growth. Nanoscale, vol 8., pp. 8288-8299
- Mann, S, Patil, A, Harniman, R & Kumar, RK, 2016, Self-transformation and structural reconfiguration in coacervate-based protocells. Chemical Science.
- Armstrong, JPK, Olof, SN, Jakimowicz, MD, Hollander, AP, Mann, S, Davis, SA, Miles, MJ, Patil, AJ & Perriman, AW, 2015, Cell paintballing using optically targeted coacervate microdroplets. Chemical Science, vol 6., pp. 6106-6111
- England, MW, Patil, AJ & Mann, S, 2015, Synthesis and confinement of carbon dots in lysozyme single crystals produces ordered hybrid materials with tuneable luminescence. Chemistry - A European Journal, vol 21., pp. 9008-9013
- Stanier, DC, Patil, AJ, Sriwong, C, Rahatekar, SS & Ciambella, J, 2014, The reinforcement effect of exfoliated graphene oxide nanoplatelets on the mechanical and viscoelastic properties of natural rubber. Composites Science and Technology, vol 95., pp. 59-66
- Williams, DS, Patil, AJ & Mann, S, 2014, Spontaneous Structuration in Coacervate-Based Protocells by Polyoxometalate-Mediated Membrane Assembly. Small, vol 10., pp. 1830-1840
- Huang, X, Patil, AJ, Li, M & Mann, S, 2014, Design and Construction of Higher-Order Structure and Function in Proteinosome-Based Protocells. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 136., pp. 9225-9234
- Perriman, A, Patil, AJ & Mann, S, 2013, Enhanced catalytic activity in organic solvents using molecularly dispersed haemoglobin–polymer surfactant constructs. Chemical Communications, vol 49., pp. 9561-9563
- Kumar, RK, Li, M, Olof, SN, Patil, AJ & Mann, S, 2013, Artificial Cytoskeletal Structures within Enzymatically Active Bio-inorganic Protocells. Small, vol 9., pp. 357
- Stanier, DC, Ciambella, J, Rahatekar, S, Patil, AJ & Mann, S, 2013, The reinforcement effects of graphene oxide nanoplatelets on the mechanical and viscoelastic properties of natural rubber. in: Constitutive Models for Rubber VIII - Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on Constitutive Models for Rubbers, ECCMR 2013., pp. 553-558
- Singh, N, Rahatekar, S, Koziol, K, Ng, TH, Patil, AJ, Mann, S, Hollander, AP & Kafienah, W, 2013, Directing Chondrogenesis of Stem Cells with Specific Blends of Cellulose and Silk. Biomacromolecules, vol 14., pp. 1287-1298
Edit this profile If you are Dr Avinash Patil, you can edit this page. Login required.