Browse/search for people
Dr Avinash Patil
Dr Avinash Patil
BSc, MSc(PUNE), PhD(Bristol)
Research Interests include development of new"bottom-up" concepts and approaches to the controlled fabrication of hybrid nanomaterials with functions that can be integrated into range of applications such as catalysis, sensing, controlled drug release and nanocomposites.
- Inorganic encasing of single biomolecules and organic supramolecular assemblies (Nanoscale, 2013, 7, 7161; Angew. Chem. 2012, 51, 732; Nano Letters, 2007, 7, 2660)
- Desgning novel routes for the synthesis of functional inorganic materials (Adv. Mater., 2012, 24, 5767)
- Fabrication of organic-inorganic hybrid nanocomposites using layered materials (Chem.Phys.Chem., 2012, 13, 2956; Adv. Funct. Mater., 2010, 21, 674; Adv. Mater., 2009, 21, 3159; Adv. Mater., 2009, 21, 2180; J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 17, 3894)
- Soft hybrid materials (Chem.Comm., 2012, 48, 7934, Angew Chem., 2011, 50, 9343, Soft Matter, 2011, 18, 8120; Chem. Eur. J., 2012, 18, 6008)
School of Chemistry
Research areas and groups
- Ciambella, J, Stanier, DC, Patil, AJ, Rahatekar, S & Sriwong, C 2014, The reinforcement effect of exfoliated graphene oxide nanoplatelets on the mechanical and viscoelastic properties of natural rubber. Composites Science and Technology.
- Singh, N, Koziol, K, Chen, J, Patil, AJ, Gilman, J, Truelove, P, Kafienah, W & Rahatekar, S 2013, Ionic liquids-based processing of electrically conducting chitin nanocomposite scaffolds for stem cell growth. Green Chemistry, vol 15., pp. 1192 - 1202
- Singh, N, Rahatekar, S, Koziol, K, Ng, THS, Patil, AJ, Mann, S, Hollander, AP & Kafienah, W 2013, Directing chondrogenesis of stem cells with specific blends of cellulose and silk. Biomacromolecules, vol 14., pp. 1287-1298
- Kumar, RK, Li, M, Olof, SN, Patil, AJ & Mann, S 2013, Artificial Cytoskeletal Structures within Enzymatically Active Bio-inorganic Protocells. Small, vol 9., pp. 357
- Huang, X, Li, M, Green, DC, Williams, DS, Patil, AJ & Mann, S 2013, Interfacial Assembly of Protein-polymer Nano-conjugates into Stimulus-Responsive Biomimetic Protocells. Nature Communications, vol 4.
Edit this profile If you are Dr Avinash Patil, you can edit this page. Login required.