Browse/search for people
Professor Stephen Harris
Professor Stephen Harris
Area of research
- Wakefield, A, Broyles, MEJ, Stone, E, Jones, G & Harris, S, 2016, Experimentally comparing the attractiveness of domestic lights to insects: Do LEDs attract fewer insects than conventional light types?. Ecology and Evolution, vol 6., pp. 8028-8036
- Zeale, MRK, Bennitt, E, Newson, SE, Packman, C, Browne, WJ, Harris, S, Jones, G & Stone, E, 2016, Erratum: Mitigating the Impact of Bats in Historic Churches: The Response of Natterer's Bats Myotis Nattereri to Artificial Roosts and Deterrence (PLoS ONE (2016) 11:1 (e0146782) DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0146782). PLoS ONE, vol 11.
- Zeale, MRK, Bennitt, E, Newson, SE, Packman, C, Browne, WJ, Harris, S, Jones, G & Stone, E, 2016, Mitigating the impact of Bats in historic churches: The response of Natterer's Bats Myotis nattereri to artificial roosts and deterrence. PLoS ONE, vol 11.
- Rowse, EG, Harris, S & Jones, G, 2016, The Switch from Low-Pressure Sodium to Light Emitting Diodes Does Not Affect Bat Activity at Street Lights. PLoS ONE, vol 11.
- Stone, EL, Zeale, MRK, Newson, SE, Browne, WJ, Harris, S & Jones, G, 2015, Managing conflict between bats and humans: The response of soprano pipistrelles (pipistrellus pygmaeus) to exclusion from roosts in houses. PLoS ONE, vol 10.
- Wakefield, A, Stone, E, Jones, G & Harris, S, 2015, Light-emitting diode street lights reduce last-ditch evasive manoeuvres by moths to bat echolocation calls. Royal Society Open Science, vol 2.
- Stone, E, Wakefield, A, Harris, S & Jones, G, 2015, The impacts of new street light technologies: experimentally testing the effects on bats of changing from lowpressure sodium to white metal halide. Philosophical Transactions: Biological Sciences, vol 370.
- Stone, EL, Harris, S & Jones, G, 2015, Impacts of artificial lighting on bats: A review of challenges and solutions. Journal of mammalogy.
- Devenish-Nelson, ES, Harris, S, Soulsbury, CD, Richards, SA & Stephens, PA, 2013, Demography of a carnivore, the red fox, Vulpes vulpes:
what have we learnt from 70 years of published studies?. Oikos, vol 122., pp. 705-716
- Evans, KE, Moore, RJ & Harris, S, 2013, The release of a captive-raised female African Elephant (Loxodonta africana) in the Okavango Delta, Botswana. Animals, vol 3., pp. 370-385
Edit this profile If you are Professor Stephen Harris, you can edit this page. Login required.