Browse/search for people
Dr Luca Giuggioli
Dr Luca Giuggioli
BSc(Milan), PhD(New Mexico)
Senior Lecturer in Complexity Sciences
My general interest is thetheoretical development of models of moving and inetracting entities, from animals and molecules to more abstract objects such as random walkers. In the context of animals, I work in the area of movemnt ecology.
Giuggioli Lab web page
- PhD 2004, Physics & Astronomy Department, University of New Mexico, US
- Postdoctoral associate at the Consortium of the Americas for Interdisciplinary Science, US, 2004-2006
- Postdoctoral associate at the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Department, Princeton University, US, 2007-2008
Activities / Findings
Ecology, Acquisition of Behaviour
- spatially explicit models
- Konzack, M, Mcketterick, TJ, Ophelders, T, Buchin, M, Giuggioli, L, Long, J, Nelson, T, Westenberg, MA & Buchin, K, 2016, Visual Analytics of Delays and Interaction in Movement Data. International Journal of Geographical Information Science.
- Giuggioli, L, McKetterick, TJ, Kenkre, V & Chase, M, 2016, Fokker-Planck description for a linear delayed Langevin equation with additive Gaussian noise. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, vol 49.
- Chase, M, McKetterick, TJ, Giuggioli, L & Kenkre, V, 2016, Langevin analysis for time-nonlocal Brownian motion with algebraic memories and delay interactions. European Physical Journal B, vol 89.
- Giuggioli, L, Mcketterick, TJ & Holderied, MW, 2014, Delayed Response and Biosonar Perception Explain Movement Coordination in Trawling Bats. PLoS Computational Biology, vol 11.
- McKetterick, TJ & Giuggioli, L, 2014, Exact dynamics of stochastic linear delayed systems: Application to spatiotemporal coordination of comoving agents. Physical Review E - Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, vol 90., pp. 042135
- Potts, JR, Harris, S & Giuggioli, L, 2013, Quantifying Behavioral Changes in Territorial Animals Caused by Sudden Population Declines. The American Naturalist, vol 182., pp. E73-E82
- Abramson, G, Giuggioli, L, Parmenter, R & Kenkre, VM, 2013, Quasi-one-dimensional waves in rodent population in heterogeneous habitats: A consequence of elevational gradients on spatio-temporal dynamics. Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol 319., pp. 96-101
- Giuggioli, L, Perez-Becker, S & Sanders, DP, 2013, Encounter Times in Overlapping Domains: Application to Epidemic Spread in a Population of Territorial Animals. Physical Review Letters, vol 110.
- Giuggioli, L, Potts, J & Harris, S, 2012, Predicting oscillatory dynamics in the movement of territorial animals. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, vol 9., pp. 1529 - 1543
- Marten, F, Tsaneva-Atanasova, K & Giuggioli, L, 2012, Bacterial secretion and the role of diffusive and subdiffusive first passage processes. PLoS ONE, vol 7., pp. e41421
Edit this profile If you are Dr Luca Giuggioli, you can edit this page. Login required.