Browse/search for people
Dr Luca Giuggioli
Dr Luca Giuggioli
BSc(Milan), PhD(New Mexico)
Senior Lecturer in Complexity Sciences
My general interest is thetheoretical development of models of moving and inetracting entities, from animals and molecules to more abstract objects such as random walkers. In the context of animals, I work in the area of movemnt ecology.
Giuggioli Lab web page
- PhD 2004, Physics & Astronomy Department, University of New Mexico, US
- Postdoctoral associate at the Consortium of the Americas for Interdisciplinary Science, US, 2004-2006
- Postdoctoral associate at the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Department, Princeton University, US, 2007-2008
Activities / Findings
Ecology, Acquisition of Behaviour
- spatially explicit models
- Giuggioli, L, McKetterick, TJ & Holderied, M 2015, Delayed Response and Biosonar Perception Explain Movement Coordination in Trawling Bats. PLoS Computational Biology, vol 11.
- McKetterick, TJ & Giuggioli, L 2014, Exact dynamics of stochastic linear delayed systems: Application to spatiotemporal coordination of comoving agents. Physical Review E - Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, vol 90., pp. 042135
- Giuggioli, L, Perez-Becker, S & Sanders, DP 2013, Encounter Times in Overlapping Domains: Application to Epidemic Spread in a Population of Territorial Animals. Physical Review Letters, vol 110.
- Potts, JR, Harris, S & Giuggioli, L 2013, Quantifying Behavioral Changes in Territorial Animals Caused by Sudden Population Declines. The American Naturalist, vol 182., pp. E73-E82
- Abramson, G, Giuggioli, L, Parmenter, R & Kenkre, VM 2013, Quasi-one-dimensional waves in rodent population in heterogeneous habitats: A consequence of elevational gradients on spatio-temporal dynamics. Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol 319., pp. 96-101
- Giuggioli, L, Potts, J & Harris, S 2012, Predicting oscillatory dynamics in the movement of territorial animals. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, vol 9., pp. 1529 - 1543
- Marten, F, Tsaneva-Atanasova, K & Giuggioli, L 2012, Bacterial secretion and the role of diffusive and subdiffusive first passage processes. PLoS ONE, vol 7., pp. e41421
- Potts, J, Harris, S & Giuggioli, L 2012, Territorial Dynamics and Stable Home Range Formation for Central Place Foragers. PLoS One, vol 7(3): e34033., pp. 1 - 11
- Giuggioli, L, Potts, J & Harris, S 2011, Brownian walkers within subdiffusing territorial boundaries. Physical Review E, vol 83, 061138., pp. 1 - 11
- Potts, J, Harris, S & Giuggioli, L 2011, An anti-symmetric exclusion process for two particles on an infinite 1D lattice. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, vol 44, 485003., pp. 1 - 16
Edit this profile If you are Dr Luca Giuggioli, you can edit this page. Login required.