Browse/search for people
Dr Eric Morgan
Dr Eric Morgan
MA(Cantab), VetMB(Cantab), PhD(Warw), BA, MRCVS
Area of research
Veterinary Parasitology and Ecology
I am interested in the dynamic interaction between host and parasite populations, and its manipulation to achieve sustainable control. Applications include the practical diagnosis, epidemiology and control of parasites of veterinary importance, especially helminths. Current research priorities are:
Surveying camel parasites in Kazakhstan
- Migration and parasite transmission in the saiga antelope, Saiga tatarica (with Imperial College London)
- Grazing patterns and parasitic disease in livestock
- Mathematical models as tools for the sustainable control of helminths in domestic animals
- The epidemiology of wildlife disease, and parasite transmission at the wildlife-livestock boundary
Further information about the insect ecology and veterinary parasitology research group can be found on our website.
- Rose, H, Wang, T, Dijk, Jv & Morgan, ER 2015, GLOWORM-FL: A simulation model of the effects of climate and climate change on the free-living stages of gastro-intestinal nematode parasites of ruminants. Ecological Modelling, vol 297., pp. 232-245
- Rose, H, Rinaldi, L, Bosco, A, Mavrot, F, Waal, Td, Skuce, P, Charlier, J, Torgerson, PR, Hertzberg, H, Hendrickx, G, Vercruysse, J & Morgan, ER 2015, Widespread anthelmintic resistance in European farmed ruminants: a systematic review. The Veterinary Record.
- Bolajoko, M-B, Rose, H, Musella, V, Bosco, A, Rinaldi, L, Van Dijk, J, Cringoli, G & Morgan, ER 2015, The basic reproduction quotient (Q0) as a potential spatial predictor of the seasonality of ovine haemonchosis. Geospatial health, vol 9., pp. 333-50
- Rose, H, Hoar, B, Kutz, S & Morgan, ER 2014, Exploiting parallels between livestock and wildlife: Predicting the impact of climate change on gastrointestinal nematodes in ruminants. International journal for parasitology. Parasites and wildlife, vol 3., pp. 209
- Verschave, SH, Vercruysse, J, Claerebout, E, Rose, H, Morgan, ER & Charlier, J 2014, The parasitic phase of Ostertagia ostertagi: quantification of the main life history traits through systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal for Parasitology, vol 44., pp. 1091-104
- Walker, JG & Morgan, ER 2014, Generalists at the interface: Nematode transmission between wild and domestic ungulates. International journal for parasitology. Parasites and wildlife, vol 3., pp. 242-250
- Morgan, ER, Azam, D & Pegler, K 2013, Quantifying sources of environmental contamination with Toxocara spp. eggs. Veterinary Parasitology, vol 193., pp. 390-397
- Azam, D, Ukpai, O, Said, A, Abd-Allah, G & Morgan, E 2012, Temperature and the development and survival of infective Toxocara canis larvae. PARASITOLOGY RESEARCH, vol 110., pp. 649 - 8
- Smith, F, Ballantyne, R, Morgan, E & Wall, R 2012, Estimating Lyme disease risk using pet dogs as sentinels. Comparative Immunology, Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, vol 35., pp. 163-167
- Morgan, ER & Dijk, Jv 2012, Climate and the epidemiology of gastrointestinal nematode infections of sheep in Europe. Veterinary Parasitology, vol 189., pp. 8-14
Edit this profile If you are Dr Eric Morgan, you can edit this page. Login required.