Browse/search for people
Dr Eric Morgan
Dr Eric Morgan
Reader in Veterinary Parasitology
MA(Cantab), VetMB(Cantab), PhD(Warw), BA, MRCVS
Area of research
Veterinary Parasitology and Ecology
I am interested in the dynamic interaction between host and parasite populations, and its manipulation to achieve sustainable control. Applications include the practical diagnosis, epidemiology and control of parasites of veterinary importance, especially helminths. Current research priorities are:
Surveying camel parasites in Kazakhstan
- Migration and parasite transmission in the saiga antelope, Saiga tatarica (with Imperial College London)
- Grazing patterns and parasitic disease in livestock
- Mathematical models as tools for the sustainable control of helminths in domestic animals
- The epidemiology of wildlife disease, and parasite transmission at the wildlife-livestock boundary
Further information about the insect ecology and veterinary parasitology research group can be found on our website.
- Walker, J, Plein, M, Morgan, E & Vesk, P, 2017, Uncertain links in host-parasite networks: lessons for parasite transmission in a multi-host system. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, vol 372.
- Tzelos, T, Barbeito, JS, Nielsen, MK, Morgan, ER, Hodgkinson, JE & Matthews, JB, 2017, Strongyle egg reappearance period after moxidectin treatment and its relationship with management factors in UK equine populations. Veterinary Parasitology.
- Babayani, ND, van Wyk, JA & Morgan, ER, 2016, An elaborated SIR model for haemonchosis in sheep in South Africa under a targeted selective anthelmintic treatment regime. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol 134., pp. 160-169
- Vineer, HR, Steiner, J, Knapp-Lawitzke, F, Bull, K, Fernex, EvS, Bosco, A, Hertzberg, H, Demeler, J, Rinaldi, L, Morrison, A, Skuce, P, Bartley, D & Morgan, E, 2016, Implications of between-isolate variation for climate change impact modelling of Haemonchus contortus populations. Veterinary Parasitology, vol 229., pp. 144-149
- Gethings, OJ, Sage, R, Morgan, E & Leather, S, 2016, Body condition is negatively associated with infection with Syngamus trachea in the Ring-necked Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus).. Veterinary Parasitology, vol 228., pp. 1-5
- Verschave, SH, Rose, H, Morgan, ER, Claerebout, E, Vercruysse, J & Charlier, J, 2016, Modelling Cooperia oncophora: Quantification of key parameters in the parasitic phase. Veterinary Parasitology, vol 223., pp. 111-114
- Rose, H, Caminade, C, Bolajoko, MB, Phelan, P, van Dijk, J, Baylis, M, Williams, D & Morgan, ER, 2016, Climate-driven changes to the spatio-temporal distribution of the parasitic nematode, Haemonchus contortus, in sheep in Europe. Global Change Biology, vol 22., pp. 1271-1285
- Wright, I, Stokes, L, McGarry, J, Morgan, ER, Elsheikha, H, De Waal, T, Cable, J & Abbott, EM, 2016, Addressing vectorborne diseases. Veterinary Record, In Practice, vol 178., pp. 455-456
- Aziz, NAA, Daly, E, Allen, S, Rowson, B, Greig, C, Forman, D & Morgan, ER, 2016, Distribution of Angiostrongylus vasorum and its gastropod intermediate hosts along the rural-urban gradient in two cities in the United Kingdom, using real time PCR. Parasites and Vectors, vol 9.
- Verschave, SH, Charlier, J, Rose, H, Claerebout, E & Morgan, ER, 2016, Cattle and Nematodes Under Global Change: Transmission Models as an Ally. Trends in Parasitology, vol 32., pp. 724-738
Edit this profile If you are Dr Eric Morgan, you can edit this page. Login required.