Companion Animal Service
The PM Service is now open for diagnostic PMs for companion animals.
Further details on the service provided and how-to access are available here
Farm Animal Service
The Farm Animal Pathology Service (FAPS) is open for farm animal post-mortem submissions, subject to case triage with the duty vet.
Telephone messages can be left and will be picked up remotely; you can also email the PM service at-
Please contact the post-mortem service to discuss the suitability of a submission before arrangements are made for the carcase to be submitted.
This enables the staff to plan the meeting with the person delivering the animal for post-mortem examination.
Please be sure to send a completed submission form from this website.
Postmortem Services (PM) Services
Welcome to our Postmortem Service
- Investigation of carcases
- Disposal of carcases
- Incineration and return of ashes (small animals)
- Pathological reporting
- Harriet Brooks Brownlie – Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Pathology
- Sara Degl’Innocenti - Assistant Teacher, Veterinary Pathology
- Rute Garcia da Noiva – Lecturer in Veterinary Pathology
- Ross Harley – Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Pathology
- Aiden Foster - Pathology Lead and Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Dermatology and Pathology
- Mick Millar – Lecturer in Production Animal Pathology
- Beatriz Vidana Mateo - Lecturer in Veterinary Pathology
- Francesca Booth - Specialist Technician
- Robert Brafield - Senior Veterinary Post Mortem Room Technician
- Donna Harraway - Veterinary Post Mortem Room Technician
- Kimberley Kroll - Teaching Technician
- Steph MacDonald - Specialist Technician
- Justin McKinstry - Technical Lead
- Wendy Colton - Receptionist and Administration Assistant
- Jade Hoddinott - Apprentice
- Michelle Taylor - Executive Administration Manager
Our opening hours
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Closed 13:00 – 14:00