Return to your studies in 2021
National lockdown: update 22 February
- Current national lockdown restrictions remain in place until Monday 8 March.
- Continue your studies online unless your course requires you to attend in-person until the Spring vacation (29 March) in line with government restrictions and local PHE advice.
- Continue to follow the national guidelines whether you are in Bristol or away from the city.
- If you are in Bristol, stay here only go out for exercise or to get food or medical supplies.
- Only socialise in your living circle or household whether you are in halls of residence or private accommodation.
We will provide updates as advice is received. Read about government changes to national lockdown which begin on 8 March.
On this page
- Teaching Block 2
- Get tested before you return to campus
- If you have already returned to Bristol
- Tell us where you are currently living
- Postgraduate research students
- International students travelling to the UK
- Undergraduate students on study and work placements
- Clinically vulnerable students
- Libraries and study spaces
Teaching Block 2
All teaching is online except for exempt courses. Find out which courses have in-person activity in teaching block 2 up to 26 March.
Get tested before you return to campus
If you are returning to campus from within the UK, you should book two free COVID-19 tests. This includes students who have stayed in Bristol over the holidays. Find out about testing if you are returning from overseas.
- Book the first test for the day you return to Bristol
- Book the second test 3 to 5 days later
- After you have had your first test, limit contact with others
- Have your second test. If it is negative, you can return to campus safely.
- Find out what to do if you test positive and what support is available.
You will need to self-isolate for 10 days if you choose not to get tested when you return.
If you have already returned to Bristol
If you returned before the government announcement please:
Tell us where you are currently living
Following the government announcement of the national lockdown, and the instruction for all students to stay in place, we want to ensure you get the support you need to continue with your course. Please update your current address so we can give you the right support and information.
Advice for postgraduate research students
We will clarify the situation regarding access to research facilities, and workspace for those of you who are not able to work from home as soon as possible.
Please continue to talk to your supervisor about the impact of this further lockdown on your wellbeing and research progress and any adjustments that can be made.
Continue to check your University email account regularly for updates. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice for international students travelling to the UK
Undergraduate students on study and work abroad placements
Clinically vulnerable students
If you are clinically vulnerable you should not travel, even if you have been told you are required on-campus for essential activities. Please stay at home and contact your school to discuss your options and the support that we can offer to you.
Libraries and study spaces
You can now access printed materials that are not available in electronic format with the our Library Click and Collect and Postal Loan Service.