Alumni Grant - Student Experience: terms and conditions
Go to an overview of the Alumni Grant - Student Experience.
Alumni Student Experience awards should:
- enhance the experience of many Bristol students and certainly of more than one person.
- enable current students or staff to enhance University life.
- support projects that cannot secure full funding from other sources.
- support activities or projects that would not otherwise be possible.
- support mainstream activities or projects.
- support activities outside the academic curriculum or academic study.
- preferably assist with one-off purchases and exceptional expenditure, such as start-up costs.
- support projects that can demonstrate sustainability.
- support projects that have contingency planning to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 uncertainty.
Your application should not:
- support day-to-day running costs, repeat or long term funding (although exceptions might be made where there is no realistic possibility of an activity becoming self sustaining).
- fund research costs and travel to undertake research.
- assist students after their course has ended.
- bail out clubs and societies that have not been well managed.
- include food and drink costs.
- support the enthusiasms of individuals.
- directly support other charities.
- support entrepreneurial projects (for support with these activities, you should contact RED or Basecamp).
Other criteria and conditions of support
- It is not possible to appeal decisions taken by the SEC Alumni Grants group.
- Where circumstances change, and all or part of the grant is no longer needed, funds must be returned to the SEC Alumni Grants group.
- Grants are awarded specifically for the project stated on the application form and are non-transferable.
- Grants are awarded on condition that the grant is publicised in association with the activity/project, for example by displaying the Alumni and friends logo (PDF, 801kB) in your literature or on posters.
- Information provided in the application may be shared with other University of Bristol stakeholders, such as Bristol Students' Union, in order to ensure equitable provision of funding.
- No awards can be made retrospectively.
- A report of around 200 words should be provided to the Group within three months of receiving the award or within three months of the
activity taking place, whichever is later.
How to apply
You must provide a clear budget, by completing the Alumni Student Experience grant financial information form (Office document, 118kB). You will be asked to upload it within the online application
For funding to assist with venue hire, you should explain why you have chosen a particular venue. Applicants are reminded that Bristol SU has a wide variety of rooms available for hire.
If the activity will be repeated in future, please show how it will become self-sustaining.
Student Union affiliates (email@example.com) may be able to assist with making an application.
Funding requests over £2,000 may be discussed with the Student Funding Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more
If you have any questions about making an application contact email@example.com.