Get evidence to support a request for an adjustment

If you used the Student Counselling Service or Students' Health Service during the time you are requesting adjustments to be made, you can include evidence from these services to support your request.

Your school will tell you what evidence you need to provide for your application.

Student Counselling Service

You can use records of:

  • offers of appointments
  • requests to complete questionnaires before appointments
  • emails with referral or self-help suggestions.

We cannot provide:

  • a diagnosis
  • medical evidence
  • evidence of fitness to study

This must be done by a medical doctor or psychiatrist.

If you need further help with evidence, email: or speak to a duty manager, tel: +44 (0)117 394 0123.

Students' Health Service

We can provide medical certificates if required. 

To request one, email Tell us why you need a medical certificate and if you need further support from the University.

Edit this page