Academic Staff Development
We offer a variety of leadership development programmes, supporting staff from all disciplines and areas of the University, at different career stages.
Advancing and supporting academic excellence
The Academic Staff Development (ASD) team’s purpose is to empower academics to thrive within an effective University environment. We aim to advance and support excellence across the range of academic practice by:
- Creating tailored development programmes across all elements of the academic role, supporting transitions through career stages
- Providing expert consultation on local learning and development needs
- Conceptualising and overseeing new programme pilots, from procurement to evaluation
- Collaborating closely with other professional services departments to identify, develop and champion excellence in academic practice across the University
- Taking an organisational development approach, promoting tools and practices which drive positive organisational change
- Guiding policy development related to the academic community, including progression, promotion and performance enhancement
- Creating an inclusive research environment and supporting Early Career Researchers, in line with our commitment to the Researcher Development Concordat
You can now search, book and access development opportunities through Develop.
Find out about our work and the development opportunities we offer for academic staff
Ask a Question
If you have any questions then contact us at email@example.com
Bristol Clear offers a variety of initiatives to support our academic staff on the research pathway, in line with our commitment to the researcher Concordat.
We’re making improvements to our webpages, and we welcome your feedback. Please click the "feedback" button at the bottom of this page and complete the form to send your comments and questions directly to the Staff Development team.