Exploring the opinions and potential impact of unflavoured e-liquid on smoking cessation among smokers and smoking relapse among e-cigarette users
This study will involve:
- a short survey
- using an unflavoured e-liquid in an e-cigarette (provided by us)
- an online video interview
During the interview, you will be asked questions about the unflavoured e-liquid and how using the e-liquid might impact your behaviour. The experiment will take roughly 5 hours in total, but you will be able to go about your daily routine for 4 hours during this time while you are asked to use the e-cigarette and e-liquid provided. All study materials will be posted to you, so the study will be completed in your own home. All contact with the research team will be via telephone, email or video call.
You will be provided with an e-cigarette and bottle of e-liquid (which you are welcome to keep after completion of the experiment, free of charge), and will be compensated with a £20 Love2Shop voucher for your time.
To take part in the study you must be:
- Over 18 years old
- A daily smoker*
- Please note that we are now mainly looking for smokers who smoke at least 20 cigarettes per day
- Have no known allergies to e-liquid ingredients
*In order to take part as a smoker, you must also:
- Have smoked 5 or more cigarettes per day for the last 3 or more months
- Not be currently attempting to quit (i.e., not currently using nicotine replacement products or in active smoking cessation treatment), and not currently using an e-cigarette
Full inclusion and exclusion criteria can be found in the participant information sheet below.
Find out more and sign up to participate
For more information, please read the participant information sheet: Exploring the opinions and potential impact of unflavoured e-liquid (PDF, 130kB)
For informal inquiries or to sign up to the study, please contact Jasmine Khouja (email@example.com)