Call for members for the new Bristol Advisory Committee on Climate Change (BACCC)
30 July 2019
Members are being sought for the new Bristol Advisory Committee on Climate Change (BACCC), which will provide all of the One City boards with relevant technical expertise to accelerate progress towards a carbon-neutral, climate-adapted city.
This new Committee will:
- act as an independent technical committee to advise the Bristol City Office – the 6 ‘One City’ thematic boards, Bristol City Council and other stakeholders – on reducing greenhouse gas emissions (mitigation) and preparing for climate change (adaptation);
- advise on the setting a carbon budget for the city and emissions trajectory;
- provide independent technical advice: both in response to requests for advice from One City boards and also proactively by identifying key areas for action; and
- monitor and report on progress in reducing emissions and achieving carbon budgets and targets; and
- aim to engage as widely as possible.
The call for expressions of interest is open until 11:59 am on 9th September 2019.
For more information and details on how to apply, please visit: Bristol Advisory Climate Change Committee (BACCC)
If you do not want to be a full board member, there is a register of experts to be called on, so please do apply if you have an interest in getting involved.