CES lecturers receive teaching prizes 11 September 2017 This year's undergraduate teaching prizes have been awarded to lectures from the Correlated Electron Systems group.
- Agony Auncles of Science 19 March 2018 Science Showoff Bristol is bringing the Agony Auncles of Science to the Crofter's Rights on 27th March
- Kate Oliver exhibits at STEM for Britain 15 March 2018 BCFN student Kate Oliver exhibited her work to MPs and other scientists in the House of Commons on 12 March as part of STEM for Britain. Here's what she had to say about the exciting event.
- British Science Week Schools Day at Unit DX 15 March 2018 On Tuesday 13th March Laura Sosa and Angela Suriyakumaran from the BCFN helped celebrate British Science Week by getting involved in outreach sessions at Unit DX
- Students to be stationed at Paralympic Winter Games prosthetic ‘pit lane' 8 March 2018 Two PhD students from the University of Bristol will be travelling to South Korea this week [10 March] where they will be assisting within the Repair Service Centre at the Paralympic Winter Games.
- BCFN student to exhibit at STEM for Britain 1 March 2018 BCFN student Kate Oliver will be exhibiting her work to MPs and other scientists in the House of Commons in March as part of STEM for Britain.
- BCFN and BDC in Mexico 23 February 2018 Delegates from the Bristol Centre for Functional Nanomaterials and Bristol Doctoral College visited Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP), in Puebla, Mexico from February 6th – 9th as part of an event sponsored by the British Council “Higher Education Links” programme to discuss the development of closer doctoral training links between UDLAP, BCFN and Bristol.
- Seeing the value of scientific study 16 February 2018 BCFN and Synthesis CDT students took some time out from their laboratory studies to explore the commercial potential of the research going on around them, in a month-long Business Bootcamp programme that looks set to yield two new university-linked start-up companies.
- Congratulations to all our graduating MSc students 12 February 2018 The BCFN celebrated on Friday 9 February with some of our graduating MSc students
- BCFN student Noha Abu El Magd wins award from EPSRC RISE 9 February 2018 BCFN student Noha Abu El Magd has won an award from the EPSRC RISE programme for inspiring people in STEM
- BCFN students attend Science Communication workshop 5 February 2018 BCFN students attended a Science Communication workshop hosted by Imperial College London and the BBC to explore how the research community engages with the public