News in 2012
- Recent Grant Success 2012 15 November 2012 Recent grant success 2012
- Could poor sleep result in schizophrenia? 15 November 2012 Neuroscientists studying the link between poor sleep and schizophrenia have found that irregular sleep patterns and desynchronised brain activity during sleep could trigger some of the disease’s symptoms.
- Highlighted Publications 2012 15 November 2012 Highlighted Publications 2012
- Recent Honours and Awards 2012 29 October 2012 Recent Honours and Awards 2012
- Bristol neuroscientist selected for Royal Society pairing scheme 29 October 2012 A neuroscientist from the University of Bristol will be swapping her lab bench for the backbench when she visits Dr Claire Craig, CBE, at the House of Commons for a “Week in Westminster” [29 Oct to 2 Nov] — a unique ‘pairing’ scheme run by The Royal Society, the UK’s national academy of science.
- Protein levels could predict if bowel cancer patients will benefit from Avastin 23 October 2012 Comparing levels of specific proteins that the drug Avastin targets could identify patients with advanced bowel cancer who will benefit from the treatment, according to research published in Clinical Cancer Research today (Tuesday 23 October).