Each week during term time, we host a wide range of events and activities, from socials to discussion groups. Some of these events are run by the Chaplaincy team, some by student groups and some by external groups.
- Jewish discussion group (12pm-1pm): You are all welcome to "bring your own bagel" (or whatever's left at your local shop) where we will come together online for a catch up, discussion and share a few jokes. To register, email Yoseph@mychaplaincy.co.uk
- Samatha meditation course (5pm-6pm): Staff and students are invited to join this 10 week meditation course, beginning 12 October. Samatha, a Pali word meaning‘calm’, is a traditional Buddhist way to develop mindfulness and concentration using mindfulness of breathing. More information can be found at: https://samatha.org/. To register, email Rupert.Gethin@bristol.ac.uk
- Bible reading group (1.10pm-2pm): Students and staff are welcome to join this group, whatever religious views they hold. Each meeting is a chance to read and reflect together on passages from the bible, pondering such questions as “what was the author wanting to say?” and “what meaning could this have for us today?” You don't need to have read the text beforehand or know anything about it: just come and share your thoughts! To register, email: Mike.Peat@bristol.ac.uk
- Chaplaincy walks (1:30pm-2:30pm): Come and enjoy an hour of fresh air, gentle exercise and good conversation, while discovering some of the most beautiful places in Bristol. Chaplaincy Walks is for any student. We will meet at the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge (on the city side) for an easy stroll around such beauty spots as Ashton Court, Leigh Woods, Clifton Down and Bristol’s famous harbour: comfortable shoes are recommended! Due to COVID restrictions, booking is essential. To register, email: email@example.com
- Intercultural mingle (1pm-2.15pm): A series of interactive socials on Treasures from our Nations, enabling you to make friends and learn more about one another's cultures in a fun and informal environment. This event has a global focus, encouraging intercultural exchange in an inclusive setting. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lunchtime social (1pm-2pm): This is in place of our regular Monday soup lunches. Whether you have come to our soup lunches in the Chaplaincy before or not, join us for a relaxed hour of socialising with new people and old friends. To register, email Sophie.Mitchell@bristol.ac.uk