Advanced Survival Analysis
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
The Short Course Programme in Population Health Sciences has been temporarily suspended.
Bookings for 2020-21 courses will open later in the autumn.
Information on this page relates to the last run of the course and is for reference only.
Sign up to our mailing list to be notified when bookings reopen.
We may need to make responsive changes to our future programme to follow the latest Public Health, Government and University guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please be aware that all information about short courses planned for 2021 is provisional and subject to change.
14 July 2020
1 days (approximately 7 hours teaching).
Registration will start at 9am and the course will finish by 5.00pm.
The aims of this course are:
- to explain and implement parametric survival models;
- to use flexible parametric survival models;
- to introduce the concept of competing risks in modelling time-to-event data.
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- analyse data using Poisson, Cox and parametric (e.g. Weibull) regression models;
- describe the links between these approaches;
- use flexible parametric survival analysis to improve model fit to the data;
- analyse survival data with competing outcomes.
Who the course is intended for
This course is intended for medical statisticians. Applicants should be competent users of Stata and should be familiar with basic survival analysis eg Cox model, equivalent to the level taught in 'Introduction to Rates and Survival Analysis' short course.
- Parametric survival models.
- Flexible parametric survival models.
- Competing risks in survival analysis.
Please note: Practical sessions of this course will be held in a computer lab, so you will not need to bring a laptop. During the course Stata 15 will be used.
More information on course fees, fee waivers and reduced prices.
Bristol Medical School
39 Whatley Road
We provide morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, including tea and coffee, biscuits and fresh fruit.
If you have specific dietary needs we ask that you let us know in advance.
Lunch is not included. There are a range of local cafes and supermarkets nearby for students to purchase lunch.
Information about accommodation in the area.
Related short courses
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.