- Your subject librarian
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- MLA International Bibliography - classified listing and subject index of scholarly books and articles on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics compiled by the Modern Language Association of America since 1921.
- Oxford Dictionaries - bilingual dictionaries in the following languages: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- Pravda Digital Archive - online edition of the most widely read and referenced news source from the Soviet era back to its inception in 1912.
- Translation Studies Bibliography (TSB) - a bibliography of translation theory and practice providing references to articles, books and other scholarly publications.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
- Study support
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.