Religion and theology
Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 428 2185 | Internal 82185
Contact us if you would like some advice. We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials - combines an academic database for religion and theology with the full-text online journal collection of the American Theological Library Association (ATLA) from 1908 onwards.
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) - contains digital facsimile page images of virtually every work printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America, and works in English printed elsewhere from 1473-1700.
- International Medieval Bibliography - comprehensive bibliography of worldwide journal articles and miscellany volumes since 1967, including the Bibliographie de Civilisation Médiévale that covers more than 40,000 monographs - initially focused on the Central Middle Ages with a gradual expansion to the Early and Late Middle Ages.
- Patrologia Latina - online version of the first edition of Jacques-Paul Migne's Patrologia Latina, published between 1844 and 1855, and the four volumes of indexes published between 1862 and 1865.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection - coverage of topics such as world Religion and theologys, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political Philosophy, Philosophy of language, moral Philosophy and the history of Philosophy.
- Routledge Encyclopaedia of Philosophy Online (REP Online) - online version of the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.