Politics and international studies resources
Location of print resources
- Past exam papers: located on first floor and available for photocopying
- PhD theses: ask at the ground floor Information Desk for access
- Special Collections: a number of rare collections of importance to political researchers are held in Special Collections, in the Arts and Social Sciences Library
The Wills Memorial Library contains a certain amount of politics-related material.
- Parliamentary search - key platform for UK parliamentary information. Includes: debates, parliamentary questions (oral and written), statements (oral and written), urgent questions and private notice questions, business statements and questions, members’ oral contributions from both Chambers, Westminster Hall and Lords grand committee, bills, acts and church measures, laid papers including laid statutory instruments, command papers, House of Commons papers and House of Lords papers, select committee reports, House of Commons select committee evidence, early day motions.
- Forced Migration Review - refugee, internal displacement and statelessness issues.
- The Brexit Collection - campaigning leaflets from the 1975 and 2016 referendums on the UK’s membership of the common market and EU
- The Cabinet Papers 1915-1988 - More than half a million papers from British cabinet papers dated 1915 to 1988, now all searchable. The site also includes teaching aids and interactive maps and images. Part of the National Archives, the official archive for England, Wales and the central UK government.
- The American Presidency Project - documents related to the study of the American Presidency
- Foreign Relations of the United States - Historical documents made available by the US Dept of State Office of the Historian. Presents the official documentary historical record of major U.S. foreign policy decisions and significant diplomatic activity of US administrations between 1945 and 1988
- Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels - original papers made available online from the International Institute of Social History
- Genocide - Visual History Archive - online portal from USC Shoah Foundation with over 53,000 video testimonies of survivors and witnesses of genocide
- Joseph A. Labadie Collection of Radical Posters - images of posters covering social protest movements such as Anarchism, Civil Liberties, Colonialism, Communism, Ecology, Labor, Pacifism, Sexual Freedom, Socialism, Women, and Youth/Student Protest
- Rosa Park Papers - documents on many aspects of Rosa Parks's private life and public activism on behalf of civil rights for African Americans
- DATA.GOV.UK - the UK government's statistical service.
- UN Data - data from The United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA)
- Eurostat - data from the statistical office of the European Union
- OECD Statistics - OECD.Stat is the statistical online platform of the OECD where users can search and access OECD’s statistical databases.
- ESRC Research Catalogue - research projects and outputs funded by the Economic and Social Research Council
- News resources: EU News on Europa - news section of the EUROPA web site; PoliticsHome - UK political news service; Onlinenewspapers.com - Links to thousands of national and local newspapers around the world.
- AfricaBib -index to articles on a wide range of topics relating to countries in Africa
- Politicsresources.net - links to political resources with focus on UK & USA data and documents
- Margaret Thatcher Foundation - documents relating to Margaret Thatcher and world events during the Thatcher period
- Digital Archive of Chinese Studies - internet resources relevant for Chinese studies, with special emphasis on social and political discourse
- WWW Virtual Library: International Affairs Resources - over 2000 annotated links in 34 international affairs categories
Get expert advice and support from your subject librarian.
Support for members of academic teaching staff, who would like to create an online resource list for their course unit.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.
If items are in particularly high demand, please use our 1 day loan request form (Office document, 16kB) to request that they are transferred to 1 day loan.