For subject enquires please email
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS) - includes references dating back to 1951, with over 2,800 journals regularly indexed.
- Sociological Abstracts - covers the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences from 1963 to date.
- Social Services Abstracts - bibliographic coverage of current research focused on social work, human services, and related areas, including social welfare, social policy, and community development from 1980 to date.
- Social Care Online - extensive database of social care information, with everything from research briefings to reports, government documents, journal articles, and websites.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - this database covers many subjects including social policy, criminology, disability and childhood studies
- PsycINFO - comprehensive international database (sometimes mistakenly known as PsychINFO) covering summaries of journal articles, book chapters, technical reports and citations to dissertations in the field of Psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines.
- Law subject page - this page has many useful resources for Criminology students.
- Kanopy - award-winning documentaries, classic and indie films, including social sciences content
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.
Kanopy - award-winning documentaries, classic and indie films
New York Times Archive - coverage from 1851 to four years ago