Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 5417 | Internal 15417
Contact us if you would like some advice. We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- ArXiv.org - e-print archive for Physics, Maths and Computer Science. UK mirror site.
- Derwent Innovations Index on Web of Science - provides access to more than 20 million patents in three broad areas: Chemical, Engineering, and Electrical & Electronic; with links to cited and citing patents, relevant literature, and full-text patent data sources.
- IEEE Xplore - full text access to technical literature from IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) journals, transactions, magazines, letters, conference proceedings, standards, and IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) publications from 1988 onwards (with select content back to 1953).
- INSPEC - bibliographic information from the world's literature on all aspects of Physics, electronics, control engineering and information technology.
- SciFinder - online equivalent of Chemical Abstracts, covering all aspects of Chemistry, Chemical Physics, and Biochemistry from 1907 to date, together with over 68 million chemical substances, and containing abstracts, journal articles, patents, conference papers, reports, dissertations and books.
Please note: before you use SciFinder for the first time you must register personally, to obtain your personal username and password, via the SciFinder registration page (you will need to enter your UoB username and password to view this page).
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.