Location of print resources
You can find most of the print resources for your subject in the Medical Library:
- Clinical dentistry: in the main Book Room as a discrete collection
- Pre-clinical dentistry: in the Medical book collection
- Print journals for clinical dentistry: in the Medical Library stacks alongside journals for medical sciences
- New books are displayed in the Medical Library for two weeks, during which time they may be reserved using Library Search but not borrowed
Use Library Search to find the classmark for an item, and to search for books and other materials. Please note: the clinical dentistry books use a different classification scheme to the rest of the medical books.
- Past exam papers and workshop answers: most are available via Blackboard
- Theses: these are held in the Medical Library's thesis collection and can be viewed by request; use Library Search to find details
- British National Formulary (BNF) - aims to provide healthcare professionals with sound up-to-date information about the use of medicines. Please note that you must register with MedicinesComplete first before using BNF on the web - members of the University should select the “NHS or Non-commercial Access” option to register.
- Dissertation Express - a searchable index providing brief citation details to Dissertation Abstracts International. You can choose to personally purchase the full text of dissertations/theses you require or you can request them via our Inter-Library Loans Service.
- Explore Bristol Research - the University of Bristol's definitive research information source including full-text research publications, research projects and the people behind the research. Part of Pure, the University of Bristol's research information system.
- MSD (Merck) Medical Manuals - long-standing reference books for medical professionals, now available online and being constantly updated. Includes a section on Dental Disorders.
- NHS Evidence - a portal providing access to clinical and non-clinical evidence and best practice for healthcare, public health and social care. University of Bristol medical students in Years 3-5 and University of Bristol staff with joint NHS/University appointments can also access NHS Core Content medical databases through the portal using their NHS login.
- OpenGrey (System for Information on Grey Literature in Europe) - provides open access to bibliographic references of reports and other grey literature (GL) produced in Europe until 2005. Examples of GL include technical or research reports, doctoral dissertations, some conference papers, and some official publications.
- Turning Research into Practice (TRiP) - searches simultaneously across over 75 evidence-based practice oriented web resources and presents the results in categories.
Get expert advice and support from your subject librarian.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.