- Your subject librarian
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health) - provides authoritative coverage of the literature related to nursing and allied health, including indexes of virtually all English-language publications, from 1982 to date.
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews - systematic reviews of the effects of healthcare which includes the following databases: Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews,the Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness ( DARE), Cochrane Controlled Trials Register, Cochrane Review Methodology, Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Database, NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED)
- Embase - provides access to the bibliographic Excerpta medica database and covers approximately 3,500 international journals from 110 countries, with Data going back to 1980.
- Medline (on OvidSP) - covers the international literature on bioMedicine, including the allied health fields and the biological and physical sciences, humanities, and information science as they relate to Medicine and health care.
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - databases available within the Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index (1900-, with 1900-1945 limited to c.250 core journals); Social sciences Citation Index (1956-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-)
Skills and training
Your Subject Librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides to searching key databases are available on Blackboard. Your Subject Librarian is also able to give help and advice about individual databases and searching in general.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.