Classics and ancient history
Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 428 2185 | Internal 82185
Contact us if you would like some advice. We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- L'Année Philologique - includes records of books, chapters, journal content, conference proceedings, and records of known editions of works by ancient authors.
- Brill's New Pauly - authoritative encyclopedia of the Greco-Roman world from the 2nd millennium BC to late antiquity (circa 800 AD), includes access to Brill's New Pauly supplements.
- JSTOR - digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources, primarily in the humanities and social sciences.
- Loeb Classical Library - contains more than 520 volumes of Latin, Greek and English texts, containing: epic and lyric poetry, history, travel, philosophy and oratory, medical writers and mathematicians, and the Church Fathers who make particular use of pagan culture.
- Oxford Classical Dictionary - covers all aspects of the classical world from literature and history to religion, science, and archaeology.
- Project Muse - full-text access to many high quality humanities and social sciences journals from over 60 scholarly publishers.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.