Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 928 8984 | Internal 88984
Contact us if you would like some advice. We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- BIOSIS Citation Index - comprehensive database for the traditional areas of biology that combines content from the BIOSIS Previews database with fully indexed cited references from BIOSIS (from 2006) and content from all the Web of Science databases (prior to and post 2006).
- CAB Direct - CAB Direct is CABI's electronic platform delivering access to over 10 million abstracts across the applied life sciences. CABI is the Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International.
- ProQuest dissertations and thesis: UK and Ireland - also known as Index to Theses, database offering the most comprehensive available listing of doctoral theses, with abstracts accepted for higher degrees by universities in the UK and Ireland since 1716.
- Medline (on OvidSP) - covers the international literature on bioMedicine, including the allied health fields and the biological and physical sciences, humanities, and information science as they relate to Medicine and health care.
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - databases available within the Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index (1900-, with 1900-1945 limited to c.250 core journals); Social sciences Citation Index (1956-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-)
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.