The Tiger Economy: An Introduction to Business in China
Gain an insight into how to do business in China with this virtual programme with Zhejiang University.
Programme at a glance
When? 6 days from Wednesday 16th - Wednesday 23rd June 2021 (up to 4 hours per day)
Where? Online - with Zhejiang University.
Who? Open to undergraduates studying Innovation OR Management
How much? FREE - all fees are covered by the University of Bristol.
Application deadline: midnight on Sunday 16th May 2021
What you'll be doing
Over 6 days of online academic sessions and virtual company visits you will gain an insight into how to do business in China. Through virtual visits to businesses in Hangzhou, you will see first-hand how different businesses function in China. You will connect with Zhejiang students and work together on an Innovation Challenge to design a solution to a real business need set by a Chinese company. You will have the opportunity to present your solution at the end of the programme.
Academic sessions from Zhejiang University will explore:
- Digital Marketing.
- Entrepreneurship in China.
- Chinese Consumers and Marketing in China.
- Culture for doing Business in China.
- Intellectual Property in China.
On completion of the programme, you will be awarded with a certificate of attendance that you can add to your CV to showcase your international experience to future employers.
Why choose this programme?
- Work with other students to on an Innovation Challenge
- Design a solution for a real business need
- Gain international experience and cross-cultural skills valued by employers
- Increase your commerical awareness through virtual visits to companies
- Gain insight from Academics from the Schools of Management, Economics at Zhejiang University
- Learn how business in China is shaped by its economy, culture, history and politics
- Collaborate with Zhejiang students and build your global connections
- Experience teaching at one of China's top five universities
In partnership with Zhejiang University, China.
Tel: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
In person: 3rd Floor, 31 Great George Street, University of Bristol, BS1 5QD
Who is this programme for?
There are 30 places on this programme.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be a current undergraduate student studying Innovation at the University of Bristol
- be a current undergraduate student studying in the School of Management at the University of Bristol
We are looking for students who are curious to learn about a different culture and committed to engaging fully in the programme.
We will make an effort to give some priority to students who:
- are not on a Study Abroad programme
- are home students and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- recipient the University of Bristol Bursary, Access to Bristol Bursary or Bristol Scholars Bursary
- BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) student
- from an area of low progression to higher education, with a home postcode in quintile '1' or '2' on the POLAR4 checking tool
- mature student
- care-leaver or estranged student (you will need to be registered as estranged with Student Finance)
- student living with a disability (you will need to registered with Disability Services)
An effort will be made to give priority to students meeting more than one of the above criteria.
Applications are open and you can access the online application form below.
Application deadline: midnight Sunday 16th May 2021
We will email you with the outcome of your application by Friday 21st May.