The Tiger Economy: An Introduction to Business in China
Gain an insight into how to do business in China with this three-week summer school at Zhejiang University.
We are provisionally planning to run this programme in summer 2021. A final decision about whether to run this programme will be made in February 2021. However, all students need to be aware that programme cancellations due to sudden COVID-19 travel restrictions and safety considerations may still be possible in Spring 2021 as the health and safety students and staff is a key priority for the University. All updates will be posted on these webpages.
Programme at a glance
When? Three weeks in July 2021
Where? Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
How much? The programme and tutition cost is £700 which includes accommodation and tuition. You will need to organise and pay for flights, insurance, visa, subsistence etc. Some bursaries are available. See our costs section below more information.
Who? Open to all undergraduates, not in their final year. Priority will be given to students not on a Study Abroad course.
Applications: A decision on whether to run this programme will be made in February 2021. If the programme goes ahead, applications will open in February. Register your interest to receive email updates about application requirements and deadlines.
Why choose this programme?
- Gain international experience and cross-cultural skills valued by employers
- Increase your commerical awareness through visits to companies and organisations
- Gain insight from Academics from the Schools of Management, Economics and Policy at Zhejiang University
- Learn how business in China is shaped by its economy, culture, history and politics
- Study at one of China's top five universities, 1 hour from Shanghai
- Collaborate with Chinese students and build your global connections
- Mix with other Bristol students and explore the Hangzhou and beyond in your free time
Tel: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
In person: 3rd Floor, 31 Great George Street, University of Bristol, BS1 5QD
The programme cost is £700. This covers tuition, all company visits included in the programme and accommodation on campus.
You will need to organise and pay for:
- return flights to and from Hangzhou
- visa and travel insurance
- food and personal spending
There will be a limited number of bursaries available for students who come from backgrounds where participation in study abroad has been low. Exact amounts have not yet been confirmed but we expect to be able to offer approximately 10 bursaries of £500.
How to Apply
A decision on whether to run this programme will be made in February 2021. If the programme goes ahead, applications will open in February. Register your interest to receive email updates on the programme and application requirements and deadlines.