News in 2017
- Professor Modood co-authors report on Multiculturalism in Belgium 21 December 2017
- Professor Modood interviewed on Deutsche Welle TV 6 July 2017
- Dr Aleksandra Lewicki argues that 'The Turkish referendum thwarts civil rights struggles – in Europe and in Turkey' 12 April 2017
- Katharine Charsley presents paper at interdisciplinary workshop at the University of Neuchatel. 22 March 2017
- Saffron Karlsen participates in a roundtable event at the UK Cabinet Office 22 March 2017 Saffron Karslen participated in an open dialogue roundtable discussion at the UK Cabinet Office to discuss key health issues which will inform the work of the Race Disparity Audit.
- Same-Sex Marriage and Migrant Temporariness 17 March 2017 Dr Eithne Luibheid from University of Arizona and Benjamin Meaker Visiting Professor at SPAIS presented her paper titled “Same-Sex Marriage and Migrant Temporariness” at an event jointly hosted by the Centre for Ethnicity and Citizenship and the Gender Research Centre. The seminar was chaired by Dr Katharine Charsley.
- Professor Tariq Modood speaks about Islam in Europe at Oxford University 17 March 2017 Professor Tariq Modood spoke at a Middle East Centre Seminar Series at the University of Oxford with Nilüfer Göle and Tariq Ramadan.
- Professor Modood on BBC Inside Out London 16 February 2017 Is it easier to get a job if you're Adam or Mohamed? - BBC News has interviewed Professor Tariq Modood